XCR 440 owners. - Page 3
Close
Login to Your Account
Snowmobile Fanatics - Snowmobile Forum - Powered by vBulletin

XCR 440 owners.

This is a discussion on XCR 440 owners. within the Polaris forums, part of the Brand Specific Snowmobile Discussion category; Nice sled. Very clean! Just incase you havn't noticed..in your profile you say its a 98..its actually a 97. Also I'm a little curiouis to ...

Page 3 of 695 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 103 503 ... LastLast
Like Tree367Likes

Thread: XCR 440 owners.

is Tryin to figure out this new
    formatt. Been awhile since he
    has signed into SF

Member #
    Nice sled. Very clean! Just incase you havn't noticed..in your profile you say its a 98..its actually a 97. Also I'm a little curiouis to the lines leading from the top of tha airbox?

This user has no status.

Member #
    The lines leading to the top of the airbox are for the dial-a-jets, the previous owner said he did it like this so that the air they took in was the same as what was going in through the carbs, since i guess it would not be as warm Im guessing. Haha thanks for noticing my profile, I thought I had already fixed that but I guess I didnt save it properly. I took the sled out for my first ride tonight and I was amazed by how hard it pulled compared to my xlt I sold. The clutch engages at 5000rpm about, but it only revs to about 7300rpm, I have no clue why, but will take any suggestions on why it is only revving to this since I am not familiar with these engines at all nor with the mods it has done to it.

is time to make the firewood!!!

Member #
    What are you running for spring and weights. Could be too heavy of weights.

has signed into SF

Member #
    Yeah! I agree with xcr440. Sounds like your weights are to heavy. That engine should hit 8200/8250rpm at WOT.

has signed into SF

Member #
    I'm going to be in the process this weekend of changing my track over to the ripsaw. I am going to replace my bearrings in the skid regarless if they are still good or not. Also I am going to change the chaincase bearings. I think I might order up graphite sliders to replace the nylon ones..I think it is still good for another year easy but might as well change it since it will be easy. I'll take some pic of the process of what had to be done etc..

This user has no status.

Member #
    definetly a 97 moto ski man...another thing to confirm this is the IFS sticker on the trailing arms and the different coolant resevoir and cap. Looks decent though...That SLP boost bottle looks i dentical to the Power Madd one i just bought.

This user has no status.

Member #
    I will take a look to see what weights are in the machine today, but I also have the adjustable ones that are in a box and a set of S53 weights in a box as well. I dont have much knowledge yet in weights and all but I am sure I will get the hang of it now that I have this machine. I have began cleaning under the cab to remove all of the dirt and tarnish on the aluminum and I was wondering if there is any tricks to getting the head nice and polished. I have been using a liquid metal polish but it is really hard to get it polished with a rag so I was just wondering what everyone else uses. Thanks.

This user has no status.

Member #
    you could probably use those small buffer wheels for drills/dremels to work that sucker up nice...they are cheap too..use it with the polish..

This user has no status.

Member #
    Ok thanks, I have a dremel, I will pick up some buffer wheels and give that a shot.
    I was wondering what I should jet the machine for if im in usually driving in 0 to -25 degrees Celcius, since the machine is running way to rich right now and im fouling plugs in -5 weather. Thanks.

This user has no status.

Member #
    well i know the stock jetting is 360 mains with a 45 pilot. Air screw 1.5 turns out.. I am running 350 mains with a 45 pilot and air screws 1 turn and it seems to run pretty good until you get around that -5C zone.. give that a try and go from there..

Page 3 of 695 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 103 503 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links