XCR 440 owners. - Page 52
Close
Login to Your Account
Snowmobile Fanatics - Snowmobile Forum - Powered by vBulletin

XCR 440 owners.

This is a discussion on XCR 440 owners. within the Polaris forums, part of the Brand Specific Snowmobile Discussion category; Interesting Zrxpilot....

Page 52 of 695 FirstFirst ... 2 42 50 51 52 53 54 62 102 152 552 ... LastLast
Like Tree367Likes

Thread: XCR 440 owners.

is @ 300 miles for the season and
    looking for more!!!

Member #
    Interesting Zrxpilot.

is Tryin to figure out this new
    formatt. Been awhile since he
    has signed into SF

Member #
    Looks good Rich! You must find good deals every week do ya? I assume that is a 800 right?

is Tryin to figure out this new
    formatt. Been awhile since he
    has signed into SF

Member #
    Originally posted by tnmemr
    [br]Have any of you replaced the front IFS springs on your 440s? If so, what did you replace them with? The black ones that they show on the online parts fische seem to be fairly soft.
    I have over 7000miles on mine and never had to replace them.

This user has no status.

Member #
    Rich you bastard! What are the plans with this puppy? 136? pipes? oh my, if i got a hold of a good one the mods list would be endless. Lets see some close ups and get the specs on this whoor.

This user has no status.

Member #
    I need some help on what to do with my clutching. I re-clutched to stock s-53 weights and almond/gold spring and jetted down 1 size because it was rich. When i tried it out, it wouldn't go past 60 mph at about 6500 rpm. I thought i might have needed to put the secondary spring in a different hole, so i've tried it in the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th and 2nd is best but its only hitting 60. I put the jets i had in before and it didn't help either. On a stand it reaches 7500
    Now i'm pretty sure it has to be in the primary. I don't know if the weights are too heavy, or the spring is too ?? something? Before i had 10-MG weights with a gold spring, i'm not sure if those weights are heavier or lighter, but the bushings are shot. I could try the gold spring with the S-53 weights, and i will as soon as i can borrow a clutch puller. But i think it might be the weights are too heavy.
    I just need some advice on what to do with my clutching.

is Too short of a season...

Member #
    Originally posted by Zrxpilot
    [br]I know this post shouldnt be here but check out the new rig I picked up tonight. At least its an xcr. This is the reason the 650 project is getting axed. The old 440 is getting put backtogether as a 440 and sent down the road. Need the cash to bring this thing up to snuff.

[attachment=55065]
    What eneded up being wrong with your 650 conversion?

is time to make the firewood!!!

Member #
    ^^^^^Something about the base gasket leaking coolant into the crankcase....

Hey rich, are you coming to Wi to ride, If so bring the 800 with...

This user has no status.

Member #
    After cutting it open, we never really did figure it out. Took out the second inboard main bearing for some reason. I still think its the base gasket but regardless its toast. The exercise was worthwhile. I learned alot of fabrication tricks and got my welding skills back up to snuff. I think Im ready to handle just about anything now. I could put a small block chevy into the xcr if my heart was set on it.

The 800's getting a torque stop, gear change, second airbox inlet and a tune up hopefully to be ready for a local get-together on Saturday. Needs about 100 more studs.

This user has no status.

Member #
    Originally posted by johnsonxcr
    [br]I need some help on what to do with my clutching. I re-clutched to stock s-53 weights and almond/gold spring and jetted down 1 size because it was rich. When i tried it out, it wouldn't go past 60 mph at about 6500 rpm. I thought i might have needed to put the secondary spring in a different hole, so i've tried it in the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th and 2nd is best but its only hitting 60. I put the jets i had in before and it didn't help either. On a stand it reaches 7500
    Now i'm pretty sure it has to be in the primary. I don't know if the weights are too heavy, or the spring is too ?? something? Before i had 10-MG weights with a gold spring, i'm not sure if those weights are heavier or lighter, but the bushings are shot. I could try the gold spring with the S-53 weights, and i will as soon as i can borrow a clutch puller. But i think it might be the weights are too heavy.

Fred will chime in soon but it sounds like the dreaded bog. Mine had it too but not all the time. I ended up cleaning my secondary with new buttons,074 belt, went thru the valves and adjusted my air skrews to like two turns out. Did all that over the course of a couple test sessions and it pretty much went away. It still came back once it awhile but not as frequent. Never did pin-point it to any one thing but I dont hold it WFO anymore when its in the bog. I learned the hard way. Good luck

is time to make the firewood!!!

Member #
    Originally posted by johnsonxcr
    [br]I need some help on what to do with my clutching. I re-clutched to stock s-53 weights and almond/gold spring and jetted down 1 size because it was rich. When i tried it out, it wouldn't go past 60 mph at about 6500 rpm. I thought i might have needed to put the secondary spring in a different hole, so i've tried it in the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th and 2nd is best but its only hitting 60. I put the jets i had in before and it didn't help either. On a stand it reaches 7500
    Weights and spring are fine, What are you using for helix and secondary spring, Have you cleaned the ves system out, checked the bellows.

On my xcr 440 I am using a hotseat white(simular to polaris almond/gold) with S53H weights, epi ornage secondary spring and their helix for a 98 xc600. Seems faster than stock.

Page 52 of 695 FirstFirst ... 2 42 50 51 52 53 54 62 102 152 552 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links