Close
Login to Your Account
Snowmobile Fanatics - Snowmobile Forum - Powered by vBulletin

2000 xcr 800

This is a discussion on 2000 xcr 800 within the Polaris forums, part of the Brand Specific Snowmobile Discussion category; Originally posted by tripplethret [br] Originally posted by white lightning [br]WOW - I guess I do have a very heavy thumb. Here in NY, Id ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: 2000 xcr 800

This user has no status.

Member #
    Originally posted by tripplethret
    [br]
    Originally posted by white lightning
    [br]WOW - I guess I do have a very heavy thumb. Here in NY, Id be lucky I can get 80 miles on a tank. Im jetted down to 220/230/230. If I go to Canada, then my mileage would improve. WL.
    DUDE, your numbers are way way way off if your talking about an 800 XCR.
    Actually, its not way off if youre constant off/on the throttle here in NY. My (both) XC7s were basically the same. After all, HP aint for free. [BowDown]

If we have a good winter this year, Ill try and see how Ill do across the lake. Ill let you all know how my old '99 and '00 XCR go - Ill post back again. Until then - stay in touch you all. WL
    My neighbor used to say, " The speed that thrills, the speed that kills "

This user has no status.

Member #
    Have over 9000 miles on mine, only touched the water pump once and the clutch refresh last year. Hope to get one more year before it's getting torn down.
    In 121 trim have seen 124 gps 2000ft , in 136 trim 119 bout that same distance. If your on the lake long enough there is always someone faster than you. The 136 helps with traction out of the hole and does trench like it use to.
    In the middle of an edge skid swap now,looks like I'll bump up the rear some and get a better ride in the rear.
    Best I've seen in good trails in 120 miles 430 across. With the giggle way lever down in the northern trails +30/per hr , 90 miles and your on vapours.
    My buddies srx is always best in the bunch for mileage.
    Search the forurms, follow general setup advise and enjoy. You'll wish you had truimph or 600 stickers on. Everyone wants to take you for a run.

Double Triple
    This user has no status.

Member #
    [br]
    Originally posted by tripplethret
    [br]
    [br]WOW - I guess I do have a very heavy thumb. Here in NY, Id be lucky I can get 80 miles on a tank. Im jetted down to 220/230/230. If I go to Canada, then my mileage would improve. WL.
    DUDE, your numbers are way way way off if your talking about an 800 XCR.
    Actually, its not way off if youre constant off/on the throttle here in NY. My (both) XC7s were basically the same. After all, HP aint for free. [BowDown]

If we have a good winter this year, Ill try and see how Ill do across the lake. Ill let you all know how my old '99 and '00 XCR go - Ill post back again. Until then - stay in touch you all. WL
    Your way to thin on the fuel and asking for a burn down, you would gain HP with bigger jets in your case because you are starving it. Its your choice to run it jetted how you want but I would rather be safe then sorry. I will be very anxious to hear how it does across a lake.

This user has no status.

Member #
    triplethret - stock are 450s across the board which we all know Polaris set them fat right from the start. Being I have dynoport pipes, the jetting I had last year were 410/420/420, ran great. I just installed new pistons/rings over the summer to freshen up the motor - looks like the old pistons ran a little bit of the lean side so I upped the jets to next size larger for this year. My old '99 XCR with shimkit has 390s in them, remember its got stock pipes in now - last owner has HTG pipes in it and took them out when he traded the sled in. That sled is fast. WL.
    My neighbor used to say, " The speed that thrills, the speed that kills "

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Links