Close
Login to Your Account
Snowmobile Fanatics - Snowmobile Forum - Powered by vBulletin

2006 FST Switchback Turbo - First Hand Opinion

This is a discussion on 2006 FST Switchback Turbo - First Hand Opinion within the Polaris forums, part of the Brand Specific Snowmobile Discussion category; Well today i went to my dealer and took out a 2006 FST Switchback Turbo for a 20 min test drive....the first thing i'll say ...

Thread: 2006 FST Switchback Turbo - First Hand Opinion

This user has no status.

Member #
    Well today i went to my dealer and took out a 2006 FST Switchback Turbo for a 20 min test drive....the first thing i'll say is, WOW!.... for a four stroke it hauls pretty good.... from a stopped position to movement, i find it lacks a little in power, but once your moving and hooking up, it Goes!....i beat the living snot out of that sled and it just kept asking for more, so I Gave It To Her....got her up to 184kph on hardpack trail....I RRReally like the front suspension on that sled....overall i was inpressed....i talked to my dealer about trading my XC in but they can only give me 3500 canadian for it, so Maybe i will sell it privatly, i can get the FST for $8600 canadian....Its a demo and has 600 miles on it i believe....worth the trade??

[attachment=59437]
    [attachment=59439]

is Rush is in

Member #
    Id do it as the iq suspension is amazing as you said
    2010 Rush Snowchecked

09 600 Dragon Sp traded on rush

07 600 IQ LX Sold for dragon

This user has no status.

Member #
    Buddy bought one, we hav'nt got to ride together yet. His first impresssion are good.

Tender Lovin
    is ..........Yeah..............It
    's green too!

Member #
    So if you beat the snot out of it, and so did others for 600 miles.........you still want that one?

I think I'd stay away from Demo sleds.

is is slowly getting the hang of
    the new format

Member #
    IF we ever get enough (and thats a big if) snow I have an all expenses paid weekend trip with a POO salesman on a pair of FST's, but as of now no snow=no ride. I will tell you that the day I bought my 800 XCR I did a comparioson of sleds, I could pick the front end off the ground (completly) on my XCR, a 600 and a 900 Fusion but that FST I could only get to the top of the shocks! you can easily see where the weight is on that sled.

This user has no status.

Member #
    Originally posted by wilb
    [br]Id do it as the iq suspension is amazing as you said
    600 miles isn't that bad considering i bought my XC at 5600 miles but it wasn't untill later on that i found out that it had the living hell beaten out of it when i found out who previously owned it and when it started falling apart

is hope this promise of snow
    holds true. all I have to do
    is open the door and pull the
    cord!

Member #
    You might want to check out www.polarisfiles.com about that sled. There seems to be some disgruntled owners. I'm not saying that it is a bad sled, I wanted one myself until I read whats going on over there. I think there is even a guy that's ready to sue Polaris over the issues regarding the FST.

This user has no status.

Member #
    butcher boy, can you give me a direct link to it....i couldnt find it

Links