Monoblock Reed Induction? - Page 2
Close
Login to Your Account
Snowmobile Fanatics - Snowmobile Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Monoblock Reed Induction?

This is a discussion on Monoblock Reed Induction? within the Polaris forums, part of the Brand Specific Snowmobile Discussion category; I'd sure like to get my hands on the setup for the Fuji 500. I would like to know the specs also. How long ago ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Monoblock Reed Induction?

This user has no status.

Member #
    I'd sure like to get my hands on the setup for the Fuji 500. I would like to know the specs also. How long ago were these available? Were they large quantity produced or just a hand full of really expensive, almost considered prototype, not available to regular guys, special parts meant to tease us? Should I just keep dreaming?

Go Big or Go Home
    is is very happy about togg's
    results!

Member #
    I found out the bore as it sits is a touch over 63MM, so it's probably for the 580 motor....

I got my grubby paws on a used set of cylinders tonight, so all is well []

This user has no status.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by mdmaniac
    How did these aftermarket cylinder kits perform back in the day? Anyone know the fitment of Reeds/intake boots/airbox mods? Thanks....[beatup]

They were and still are very strong motors. My PSI reed motor makes 170-175HP on 92. The SLP RZ707 is right there too. These were built in the early 90's and were way ahead of their time. Mine uses CR250 reeds, carbs boots on mine look to be custom, but I think you could adapt something with ease. I use a SLP high flow airbox with mine, it works perfect since it isnt as deep as the stock airbox.

Quote Originally Posted by MOTH
    I'd sure like to get my hands on the setup for the Fuji 500. I would like to know the specs also. How long ago were these available? Were they large quantity produced or just a hand full of really expensive, almost considered prototype, not available to regular guys, special parts meant to tease us? Should I just keep dreaming?
    I dont know any specs on the setup for the Fuji 500. Good luck getting your hands on one. I have seen a few SLP RZ707's floating around but have never seen a RZ500 motor. In other words keep dreaming. If you want some info on the SLP RZ motors go to a more tech savy forum like Snowest or AMSNOW and ask around, I am sure you will find someone with some info on them.

This user has no status.

Member #
    looks unique, could be alot of fun

This user has no status.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by MOTH
    I bought a rz500 top end for a fuji 500 in the early 90s I sent it back and had it taken out to a 545 it was a case reed engine when they 545ed it it required a cast aliminum block acrss the top of the head that was held down by two half inch threaded rods it put out 120 hp and was real blast to ride i put a hooker kit on a 121 and used to blow the souped up xlts and mod 600 triples away we let the base bolts get loose and broke the clinders after one year on the 545 I still have it and would like to locate a block Jim Fairchild at slp knows all about these engines they were definitely ahead of their time

This user has no status.

Member #
    I know it's been a while but I've never seen a block like this. Did anybody nail down the details of it?
    Would sure like to know more about it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links