Close
Login to Your Account
Snowmobile Fanatics - Snowmobile Forum - Powered by vBulletin

SLP Cans

This is a discussion on SLP Cans within the Polaris forums, part of the Brand Specific Snowmobile Discussion category; I have a 2003 SKS 700 and am looking and getting an SLP can for it. Does anybody with a VES 700 have any video ...

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: SLP Cans

This user has no status.

Member #
    I have a 2003 SKS 700 and am looking and getting an SLP can for it. Does anybody with a VES 700 have any video clips of how they sound. Also how do you like the can. I'm looking for someone with just the can not the pipe and can. thanks in advance for the input.

Super Moderator
    This user has no status.

Member #
    I'm a fan of the SLP cans. They seem to be quieter than alot of others (MBRP & SnoStuff especially), but have a very unique, yet noticable tone. My buddy has a ProX with an SLP can on it. I liked the sound of it, and actually purchased a SLP for my F7. The F7 has a little different tone, but similar. I would not hesitate to get one.

I'll see if I can dig up a sound clip at all.

is on the road to recovery,,I
    hope

Member #
    I have 2 sleds with SLP cans.....Love them

I also have a Dynoport on my 98 xc6......Loud to say the least.

is getting ready for hillclimb
    season..

Member #
    i have an 05 xc 600 and got one for mine it is a really nice can great construction and sounds awsome too the only problem i had with mine was one of the spring tabs would hit the chaincase cover so i just cut it off i will try to get a clip this weekend

This user has no status.

Member #
    Thanks for the quick responses guys I really appreciate it. I bought a used MBRP Race can for my sled and it was just too loud for my liking. I want something that has a noticeably different tone but not really loud. I am either thinking of the Snow stuff or the SLP. My brother has the snow stuff on his edge 800 and it sounds good and was definately quieter then then the MBRP on my 700.

Hey Quinlan where to you ride around Fargo? I am a Junior at NDSU and was thinking of bringing my sled up here this winter but wasn't sure where the best places to ride are, want to enlighten me?

Super Moderator
    This user has no status.

Member #
    I haven't ridden around Fargo at all (yet). My sleds are back home, 320 miles west (North central ND). I don't have anywhere to keep my sled here, so they stay at home. Any riding I do is either around home, or where ever I trailer them to from there.

This user has no status.

Member #
    Damn I was hoping you knew of some good places to ride around here. If you had somewhere to store your sled here do you think you would keep it here?

Super Moderator
    This user has no status.

Member #
    I have 2 sleds at home. IF I had a place to keep one of them that I KNEW was decent (people wouldn't be messing with the sled, and I knew I'd always have access to) I would seriously contemplate having one here in Fargo. The only other problem is that I'd need a way to get it out of town. I have a pickup at home, but I drive a car for college reasons.

It'd be nice if I could find a place to live where I could keep an extra vehicle and a sled, then it wouldn't be a problem.

is is wishing school was over for
    the year

Member #
    Yeah I hear ya there. The reason I ask is because I live in a house with four other guys and we have a place close to campus up on 11st. N and we have a one stall garage. Obviously I can see your concerns about that being you don't know me or my roommates even though we are all stand up guys. But also being you wouldn't have a way to get it out of town I guess it wouldn't work anyways. I just need something to relieve a little stress during the winter so I'm planning on riding to do just that.

If by chance it was something you would be interested in as keeping it at my place we could always meet (always will to meet another SF member) and talk about it. It was just an idea so I figured I would throw it out there. Anyways you happen to have any of those clips of the sleds with the SLP can on them??

Super Moderator
    This user has no status.

Member #
    You can kind of hear it in this video...it's an SLP on a ProX 600 mind you...

http://www.snowmobilefanatics.com/gallery/RMK-KING/file/3361/display.aspx

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Links