Close
Login to Your Account
Snowmobile Fanatics - Snowmobile Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Shift 600 Carb Setup in Fusion 600HO???

This is a discussion on Shift 600 Carb Setup in Fusion 600HO??? within the Polaris forums, part of the Brand Specific Snowmobile Discussion category; [10pt]I have read that the Shift 600's (2008 & 2009) have near perfect carburation. I would like to setup my Fusion 600HO just like it, ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Shift 600 Carb Setup in Fusion 600HO???

This user has no status.

Member #
    [10pt]I have read that the Shift 600's (2008 & 2009) have near perfect carburation. I would like to setup my Fusion 600HO just like it, but I don't know if there were other engine changes that would not make it work properly.

It would require 400 mains, 45 pilots, 1.0 Air Pilot Jet, and a 2.0 piston valve to convert my Fusion over to the Shift setup. I already have the Mains and Pilots, and would just need to buy the Air Pilot and Piston valves.

Anyone try this, or know if it would work out?[/10pt]

Super Senior Member
    is needs a beer......or 12.....or

Member #
    Why don't you just go down to your dealer and ask them if there have been any engine changes between your sled and the shift. Then while you're down there you can pick up the carb parts

This user has no status.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by powersledder
    Why don't you just go down to your dealer and ask them if there have been any engine changes between your sled and the shift. Then while you're down there you can pick up the carb parts
    Thanks for the recommendation. I don't want to sound mean, but your'e assuming that the 16 year old kid behind the counter knows...he couldn't even find the parts from my last order. They seem to be more into Arctic Cats than Polaris, Yamaha, or Ski-doo (they sell them all).

I was hoping that I could find some knowladgeble people online that could provide some feedback before I order the parts online.

Administrator
    is Freezing in MN

Member #
    First of all, have you had the carb boots replaced on your sled? I believe there was probably even a recall for this. That model year the 600's had some bad rubber for the carb boots. They would crack, allowing for air to get in and lean the engine out, resulting in a seizure many times. Check into that first.

Second, I believe your sled came with 420 main jets? I can't quite remember. I would drop down to 400 mains and do a few runs. Keep a careful eye on the plug color (light brown). Many of these sleds run well with 390 or 400 mains. After you get a close plug color, the only other change I would probably do is drop the needles one clip, leaning it out at lower/midrange RPM's a bit more.

Keep a careful eye on the DET light and plug color but I wouldn't be too worried, as any detonation will be taken care of by DET and if you see a frequent occurrence of the DET light coming on and the engine losing power, you know you've gone too lean.

Super Moderator
    is Prayers for Caleb and whole
    Moore Family today! Sad deal!

Member #
    I will be running the same 06 600HO fusion this year, my first plans are to yes drop the mains, from the 420's to 400's and get the carb boots replaced. As erick mentioned just keep on eye on the DET light, as that will be tell you are too lean, if you ride smart the first few test runs you will be fine. My uncles has the same sled, he has been running 410 and they are still to rich, so as lots of others have found the 400 should be ok and 390 for spring riding! I will be doing a few other small clutching adjustments to the sled! I will keep you posted!

Super Senior Member
    is needs a beer......or 12.....or

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by gedertr
    Quote Originally Posted by powersledder
    Thanks for the recommendation. I don't want to sound mean, but your'e assuming that the 16 year old kid behind the counter knows...he couldn't even find the parts from my last order. They seem to be more into Arctic Cats than Polaris, Yamaha, or Ski-doo (they sell them all).

I was hoping that I could find some knowladgeble people online that could provide some feedback before I order the parts online.
    Ah, here and back home my dealers actually know what they are talking about. I guess I just assumed most places would be like that.

no guts no glory
    This user has no status.

Member #
    Tempa flow works great on this sled.

This user has no status.

Member #
    Thanks for all the input. I have had the carb boots replaced, and all of the other bulletins. I'm running 410s and 45 pilots (420 & 50 stock). It's still running rich, but instead of monkeying around too much I thought a switch to the Shift setup would make it easy if it works so well.

There's a guy named willie on AMSNOW that recommends 400's, 0.9 air pilots, and 55 pilot to eliminate the need to open the throttle to start it when the sled is warm (I have to do this all the time). I was hoping to upgrade to the Shift parts as he states that Polaris got the Carbs spot-on with the Shift.

Also, I don't want to throw my whole dealership under the bus. There are some pretty sharp guys there, but they seem to focus more on Arctic Cat stuff and dirt bikes.

This user has no status.

Member #
    Hey Guys
    I have that same 600 ho and notice it smokes more than other sleds I ride with and when I go to race someone and want to take off from a dead stop it dose not like that. Would a setup like you guys are talking about clear that up for me?

Bring It, Don't Sing It!
    is snow on the ground but not for
    long... Not in mood yet to
    wrench on sleds... :(

Member #
    40 pilots are better than 45's, drop needles down a notch and down to 400's. .9 air jet is what I am going to do next.

charney_42, check your oil pump setting, sounds too rich or stuck open.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Links