Close
Login to Your Account
Snowmobile Fanatics - Snowmobile Forum - Powered by vBulletin

how to remove seat?

This is a discussion on how to remove seat? within the Polaris forums, part of the Brand Specific Snowmobile Discussion category; im trying to remove my seat so i can install a seat jack. How do i remove it?? do i have to remove the cover? ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: how to remove seat?

Just A Member
    This user has no status.

Member #
    im trying to remove my seat so i can install a seat jack. How do i remove it?? do i have to remove the cover? what is holding the seat on?

thaks

is fusion seat swap on the wifes
    sled is done, now for the
    switchy on mine!

Member #
    Is it a seat and tank separately, or one piece. If it is the 2 piece there should be 2 small bolts up under the tunnel, in front of the snow flap, take the two out and if I remember right it pulls back and off, watch for wires though.

Just A Member
    This user has no status.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by dtmmil
    Is it a seat and tank separately, or one piece. If it is the 2 piece there should be 2 small bolts up under the tunnel, in front of the snow flap, take the two out and if I remember right it pulls back and off, watch for wires though.
    believe its a 1 peice

is is not having a good day

Member #
    if it is a one piece you wont be able to put on the jack, but the bolts are at the rear of the tunnel

is fusion seat swap on the wifes
    sled is done, now for the
    switchy on mine!

Member #

Attachment 157676
    does it look like this?

Sledaholic #13
    is Just got in from riding all
    day.

Member #
    I believe those models are a one piece.

is Back online.

Member #
    It's one peace. you'll have to bolts under the tunnel and a spring under the steering post plus your gonna have fuel lines and tail light wires.

On second thought a 97 might be a two peace. Can you see the plastic of the tank in front of the seat or does the seat go all the way to the bars with the gas cap in the middle?

Sledaholic #13
    is Just got in from riding all
    day.

Member #
    If it's a one piece I don't think you'll be able to get your seat any higher, as the seat and the tank are parallel. Which will make it hard to tilt your seat w/o having your tank go with it.

This user has no status.

Member #
    call me clueless on this but why raise the seat ? would that not put the rider further away from the center of gravity and lead to handeling issues ? do you make other mods to counteract this ? when i am rocking on a trail i find myself sitting and leaning lower trying to make by body the gravity center,, when done properly i feel like my sleds are on rails and ain't that what it is all about ?

This user has no status.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by jeff20578
    im trying to remove my seat so i can install a seat jack. How do i remove it?? do i have to remove the cover? what is holding the seat on?

thaks
    If you are talking about a "seat jack" that converts your sled to a 2-up, you wont have to remover your seat.

I just installed one and I was able to move the seat from side to side enough once the bolts at the back were removed. I also undid the snaps at the front of the seat cover to avoid ripping the cover.

I just moved it to one side and drilled in the rail, then moved it to the other side and drilled in the other rail. Total job took less than an hour.

I just noticed that this is on an Ultra. Make sure you have enough clearance from the rear heat exchanger. I put my seat jack on My wife's XLT, so no problems there.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Links