Close
Login to Your Account
Snowmobile Fanatics - Snowmobile Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Install Snowmobile Track

This is a discussion on Install Snowmobile Track within the Polaris forums, part of the Brand Specific Snowmobile Discussion category; I have a quick question. I just purchased a Camoplast 121" x 15" x 1" track for my 1996 600 XCR.It has about 100 miles ...

Thread: Install Snowmobile Track

This user has no status.

Member #
    I have a quick question. I just purchased a Camoplast 121" x 15" x 1" track for my 1996 600 XCR.It has about 100 miles on it and the guy sold it to me fo $50.00. I have never replaced a track before. Can some one here give me the step by step on this and what else should be replaced such a seals etc.. when I do this? How long should this take? Thanks

is fusion seat swap on the wifes
    sled is done, now for the
    switchy on mine!

Member #
    If you have never done this it will take a while. Several hours, take your time and do it right though. Basically, you need to pull the suspension out, take your gears out of your chaincase, undo your speedo drive and pull out your driveshaft, install in the reverse order.

is been a while...how is
    everyone?

Member #
    A good time to replace the four bearings in the driveline....two on the jackshaft and two on the driveshaft. The seals in the chaincase could be replaced at this time as well as giving the whole rear skid a good once over and replace boggie bearings as needed. Find a manual online for your sled and you will thank yourself many tuimes over as it will come in handy more than a few times.

This user has no status.

Member #
    Is there specific manuals that are better than others?

is been a while...how is
    everyone?

Member #
    Look on E-bay and you may find a few....Polaris factory manuals are the best but can cost some coin. I believe Clymer makes a book for your sled as well and it may have a better price.

This user has no status.

Member #
    Somewhere on the site you can find and download the 96,97,and 98 manual. Maybe do a search or maybe someone else will know. I know I've seen it on here but I just can't remember where.

Rider of sleds
    is Hasn't been on here in awhile.

Member #
    there is possibly a sticky in the how to forum, not 100% though might just have to look

This user has no status.

Member #
    I think I might have found it. Try this. http://www.chadt.us/snowmobilemanuals/index.html

This user has no status.

Member #
    This will help greatly. I really apreciate the help all of you have given me. Thanks Again

Links