Close
Login to Your Account
Snowmobile Fanatics - Snowmobile Forum - Powered by vBulletin

check engine light

This is a discussion on check engine light within the Ski-Doo forums, part of the Brand Specific Snowmobile Discussion category; I have a 2008 ski doo mxz 800r, the check engine light is on steady, the codes are for a rave valve solenoid and dpm ...

Thread: check engine light

This user has no status.

Member #
    I have a 2008 ski doo mxz 800r, the check engine light is on steady, the codes are for a rave valve solenoid and dpm solenoid, but the sled runs fine. The ski doo mechanic says its probably a wiring issue but he cant look at the sled until january. any help would be great, thanks

Super Moderator
    is Listening to Lou Reed - Rock n
    Roll Animal - Sweet Jane.

Member #
    Find another mechanic. Try dootalk.com. Come back and tell me what you find out...

This user has no status.

Member #
    ok, gonna take it to the dealer

This user has no status.

Member #
    you were right, checked dootalk, found a post about a shorting visor popping the accessory fuse and causing this issue. sure enough, the fuse was blown, installed a fresh one and the light went right out. The place I bought this sled at was Motorhead Trading Post in Sanford Maine, the owner is a slick talker but thats about it. He told me they go right through the sleds to make sure they are ready to ride with no underlying problems, but after spending time with the sled I found that it hadnt been touched. The belt itself should have been replaced, which he didnt even know how to change after I had asked him, he told me he didnt have the owners manual, but it was under the seat, the coolant was a little low and should have been topped off, the plugs needed to be replaced. But the biggest thing Im pissed about is that with a check engine light, the first thing he shoulda checked would be the fuses, oh well, guess he is a hack like everyone said he is, please avoid this dealer and spread the word

Super Moderator
    is Listening to Lou Reed - Rock n
    Roll Animal - Sweet Jane.

Member #
    Thanks for your update on the check engine light issue. Good to know. In general I expect less from a dealer than I do from a private sale.

Links