Close
Login to Your Account
Snowmobile Fanatics - Snowmobile Forum - Powered by vBulletin

2002 MXZ 800 upgrades?

This is a discussion on 2002 MXZ 800 upgrades? within the Ski-Doo forums, part of the Brand Specific Snowmobile Discussion category; How many studs do I want to run in it? On the carbides how big do I run and do I run? Dually's or singles?...

Thread: 2002 MXZ 800 upgrades?

This user has no status.

Member #
    How many studs do I want to run in it?

On the carbides how big do I run and do I run? Dually's or singles?

This user has no status.

Member #
    depends on where u ride and how u ride, if ur into racing and ice more studs, ditch bangin and trails less annd different patterns, most places that sell studs should have recommended patters and amounts for ur sled, id say 144 with all or most in the center band, studs in the outer bands tend to tear out if doin alot of aggressive ditch bangin. go with like 144 in a staggered and doublked up pattern in the center band, and make sure you dont go to long so they hit ur heat exchangers or tunnel and be sure ur sled has tunnel protecters, if not install em BEFORE studding! hope that helps a bit

This user has no status.

Member #
    I will probably do mostly ditch, field and boondocking with some trails. I don't go on ice very much. Someone said I might want 196 but if I go with 144 I figure that will be beter than none. If I went with that 144 or 196 how long of carbides will I want on my skis?

I was told that depended on the number of studs. My bars are worn and I was going to get them but don't have the money to stud right now so I was going to get the bars for studs so I don't have to switch when I stud the track.

Thanks

Links