Close
Login to Your Account
Snowmobile Fanatics - Snowmobile Forum - Powered by vBulletin

What should i look for?

This is a discussion on What should i look for? within the Ski-Doo forums, part of the Brand Specific Snowmobile Discussion category; I am thinking about buying a 2006 Skidoo MXZ 800 H.O. but i have never owned a skidoo before so I was wondering what are ...

Thread: What should i look for?

This user has no status.

Member #
    I am thinking about buying a 2006 Skidoo MXZ 800 H.O. but i have never owned a skidoo before so I was wondering what are some things that I should check for when I go to look at it. I am getting a compression tester and I was wondering what a good compression would be for this sled.

is the cost of the Pro is now
    less than $100 per mile,
    sweet!

Member #
    When loooking at a REV platform sled a big concern is the flying nun. The nun can become tweaked on a REV from taking a frontal impact with either ski from something as minor as hitting a rock. You can make a few observations to preliminarily tell if the nun is tweaked, the skis on the sled should line up and the shocks should be sitting in the middle of the A-arms, if they aren't there might be a problem with the nun. Additionally you can open up the side panels and make sure that the aluminum is without kinks behind the can and in front of the chain case.

As with checking out any used sled, look at the overall condition of the sled, and check for wear items such as the track, skis/carbides, hyfax.

is is Dazed and confused

Member #
    Something I also like to do, Is look around at his other stuff. How does he take care of his other things, Might? give you a indication on how he took care of his sled?.

Remember to get everything in writing, seems dumb, but it only takes a minute, can save a lot of headaches later.

is the cost of the Pro is now
    less than $100 per mile,
    sweet!

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by SnowAttitude
    Something I also like to do, Is look around at his other stuff. How does he take care of his other things, Might? give you a indication on how he took care of his sled?.
    Great point, I assumed that everyone did that.

Super Moderator
    is Listening to Lou Reed - Rock n
    Roll Animal - Sweet Jane.

Member #
    Look behind the primary clutch as well as the can. The bulkhead can move if the nun is tweaked, like flatlander said. You want to see pics of a bent nun, rebuild and braces look in my gallery.

Aarm mounting bolts can give away damage hints too. good n bad

This user has no status.

Member #
    Also check the reed boots for delamination and cracking. Notorious for doing that. If I remember correctly the ptek engines are around 150-160 psi. I think thats the biggest issues.

is Looking for another xp 600rs
    or 600etec.. live in
    wisconsin, let me know what
    youve got... also, revs for
    sale! check out my gallery for
    more info

Member #
    Reverse is nice, and make sure it doesnt have more than around 3000 miles

Links