Close
Login to Your Account
Snowmobile Fanatics - Snowmobile Forum - Powered by vBulletin

97 ski doo blowing out headlight

This is a discussion on 97 ski doo blowing out headlight within the Ski-Doo forums, part of the Brand Specific Snowmobile Discussion category; i tested the headlight voltage and shows 11-41 volts a/c and i have a new voltage reg on the way.. my concern is this. i ...

Thread: 97 ski doo blowing out headlight

This user has no status.

Member #
    i tested the headlight voltage and shows 11-41 volts a/c and i have a new voltage reg on the way.. my concern is this. i hear it could be a stator ring that is inside the engine and works the lights. i have no problem with engine running fine.. also there is a larger size red wire exiting the loom under the front of the engine that is loose and has a fork crimped end on it like it should be bolted to something. it shows 3-4 volts a/c when tested so i tapped it up for now i dont want to mess up the new reg when i put it on. and i am tierd of buying light bulbs. yes the bulb is the right one.. even blows the tail light if the brake is set...

anyone have a wiring diagram to pass on ishu4u2@gmail.com

thanks in advance.

is starting to get the itch to
    ride

Member #
    You shouldn't need the diagram. Just change the regulator and make sure it's hooked up properly.

is Yeah two belts in one weekend,
    nothing like ridng a cat lol

Member #
    Yup, check the voltage regulator. Also you can really just look through the wiring harness for any chaffing or rubbing. It should be pretty obvious.

This user has no status.

Member #
    i just recently did that on my new to me 97 mxz 583 i replaced voltage regulator and has ben fine ever since mine was located behind rewind under first carb

This user has no status.

Member #
    I had the same problem on my 97 Formula 500. I kept going through headlights and actually blew one up. I replaced the voltage regulator but it did not solve the problem. I did an ohm test on my stator and found it to be bad. Check your stator too.

Links