Close
Login to Your Account
Snowmobile Fanatics - Snowmobile Forum - Powered by vBulletin

MXZ 800 , what oil to use??

This is a discussion on MXZ 800 , what oil to use?? within the Ski-Doo forums, part of the Brand Specific Snowmobile Discussion category; Just picked it up saturday. My brother inlaws both ride ski doo and use cheap oil and have never had problems with their sleds.(01 mxz ...

Thread: MXZ 800 , what oil to use??

This user has no status.

Member #
    Just picked it up saturday. My brother inlaws both ride ski doo and use cheap oil and have never had problems with their sleds.(01 mxz 800, and 98 mach 1 700). My brother on the other hand rides a 02 zr 600, and swears by the high dollar oil. I just don't want to wreck it by putting something bad in it. What do you guys think?

This user has no status.

Member #
    From what I learned, as long as the oil is API certified, the oil is the same base, the only difference is the additives that are put in by different companies. In a Bombardier sled, they recommend using Bombardier 2 stroke oil, and you can never go wrong with what the spec is, but I have always run Castrol 2 stroke oil. I bought so much one year ($6 for 4 litres at Wal-Mart, we had no snow) that I won't have to buy any for a while yet. It's on the cheaper side of the spectrum but works the same as anything else I have tried. If I could afford to run Synthetic, I still wouldn't, it doesn't pay for me to run expensive oil. I'm going to be running the most expensive gas I ever have in my sled this year!

Spence

This user has no status.

Member #
    i've always ran amsoil interceptor in my doos. great oil for the money. a member on here by the name of bulldog sells amsoil about as cheap as i've seen it[]

This user has no status.

Member #
    I was at the sled show this weekend and the Amsoil guy had told me about the Interceptor oil and how it does not bung up power valves on Bomber and Polaris sleds. I'd be running that stuff, everyone seems to swear by it and it's cheaper than the Bomber oil.

Spence

This user has no status.

Member #
    I`ve been running amsoil hp injector oil in my 600h.o.
    I`ve used it in my ski-doo after I ran about 2 gallons of ski-doo oil through it for break in, I`ve never had a stuck valve& it`s cheeper than the ski-doo oil!
    It`s Good Stuff

This user has no status.

Member #
    I used to own a Mxz 700 and I only used shell advance oil !!!

This user has no status.

Member #
    I have an '01 mxz 800 and i run AMSOIL

Links