Close
Login to Your Account
Snowmobile Fanatics - Snowmobile Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Help Changing Slides

This is a discussion on Help Changing Slides within the Ski-Doo forums, part of the Brand Specific Snowmobile Discussion category; I am a first time owner of a Ski Doo and trying to change out the slides. How do you get the slides out??? I ...

Thread: Help Changing Slides

This user has no status.

Member #
    I am a first time owner of a Ski Doo and trying to change out the slides. How do you get the slides out??? I was told to align them with a hole in the track and slide them out the back. It seems the slide is wider than the track hole. Is there a trick to this???

Please help

is is itching to get his new
    track on and rip on this
    snow!!!

Member #
    I think you have to drop the rear skid on Ski-doos to get the sliders out, as far as I know Yamahas are the only ones you can slide them out the track windows

This user has no status.

Member #
    on all ski doos you will need to drop the suspension to be able to change the slides unfortunitly ski doo is the only sled you need to do this on [] but when you have the best sometimes it takes a little extra work!

This user has no status.

Member #
    ya you might have to drop the rear suspension off, move away the track to get to them

Super Moderator
    is Listening to Lou Reed - Rock n
    Roll Animal - Sweet Jane.

Member #
    OK, here's how you really doo it. One of two ways.

First way. Loosen the rear bogey wheel bolts and let off the track tension adjusters. Remove only the two back skid bolts and then the rear of the skid will fall down, assuming you've propped the rear of the sled up in the air. You should just be able to move the skid outside of the track enough to remove the slider with out total skid removal. Shuffle the skid to the other side of the track and do the same over there. Don't forget there's a bolt in the front of the slider that has to be removed and replaced. To get slider off rail use a piece of hardwood or a screw driver(carefull) and drive the slider back off the rail enough to bet a vice grip on it and pull it off. Grease the rail with neversieze before putting new slider on. Replace little bolt and the rear skid bolts (use loctite and torque em good). Retension and align track, tighten rear bogey wheel/axle bolts.

The other way to doo it(EASY WAY). Take a razor knife and cut a pair of track windows open enough to get at the slider and then drive them off with the wood/screwdriver. That's what I did. Opening the window enough to get them out won't ruin the track. It's a common trick. I opened the windows next to the Camoplast emblem on the track so they are easy to find again.

This user has no status.

Member #
    offshore is dead on! Thats they way I've done all my ski-doo's. When cutting the track windows if you get some fraying or strings from the track, heat it up a bit and melt the area cut. Kinna keeps things a lil cleaning and to me seems to make it a lil stronger.

This user has no status.

Member #
    Great tip... thanks i'll try it tomorrow

[]

Links