Close
Login to Your Account
Snowmobile Fanatics - Snowmobile Forum - Powered by vBulletin

what other primary clutch is compatable with a 94 vmax 600?

This is a discussion on what other primary clutch is compatable with a 94 vmax 600? within the Yamaha forums, part of the Brand Specific Snowmobile Discussion category; A friend of mine has a 95 vmax 600. The outer sheave cracked the other day when his son was riding it. I have been ...

Thread: what other primary clutch is compatable with a 94 vmax 600?

This user has no status.

Member #
    A friend of mine has a 95 vmax 600. The outer sheave cracked the other day when his son was riding it. I have been looking on ebay for a primary but haven't had any luck fining one for the vmaz. I see alot for the vipers and some other models. do you guys know if these will fit the vmax? I know we will have to change the weights and spring but I was concerned that they would't fit on the crank.

50% wanted change, 100% got screwed
    is It been awhile... Feels good
    to be back!

Member #
    I think a Yamaha exciter one will fit as I am pretty sure (99%) they have same crank so yea and if you do find out it would would work I have 3 old clutches 2 that stick open around 80 and one has cracked casing id call it let me know pm if your intrested in one if you wanna one we could work out a price

This user has no status.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by mvvette97
    A friend of mine has a 95 vmax 600. The outer sheave cracked the other day when his son was riding it. I have been looking on ebay for a primary but haven't had any luck fining one for the vmaz. I see alot for the vipers and some other models. do you guys know if these will fit the vmax? I know we will have to change the weights and spring but I was concerned that they would't fit on the crank.
    any yamaha snowmobile yxr clutch from 94-current models will fit, including the 4 stroke models, as long as you change the tuning components, but you knew that part. i would avaoid the 94 clutch. 94-97 ran a different sized pin for the rollers so keep that in mind as your rollers may not interchange. there are 4 different sizes of rollers and they do considerably affect performance.

the ypz clutches may work but you will open up a can of worms trying to tune it for your sled.

Links