Close
Login to Your Account
Snowmobile Fanatics - Snowmobile Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Fx nytro relay

This is a discussion on Fx nytro relay within the Yamaha forums, part of the Brand Specific Snowmobile Discussion category; A friend of mine has an 09 fx nytro that he is having a problem starting it when its cold. He says it is a ...

Thread: Fx nytro relay

If its to loud your to old.... It's a bitch gettin old!
    is hopeful

Member #
    A friend of mine has an 09 fx nytro that he is having a problem starting it when its cold. He says it is a relay and I was wondering if anyone has experienced this or has any info on this. He says the gauges power up and the fuel pump cycles it just wont start. Thanks.

is is putting the duck hunting
    gear away and getting the
    Nytro out of storage

Member #
    The relays underneath the shroud by the gauge cluster get moisture in them and freeze. When they freeze it dosen't let it complete the circuit therefore the machine won't start. Best thing he can do is take the relays apart, let them dry out, put them back together, and electrical tape them(maybe a little electical grease too) to help keep moisture out. Some have problems with more than just the starter relays, others don't. You might also want to have him check out the bolts that hold the upper a-arms to the spindles of the skis. Those bolts have been loosening up, wearing out the hole in the spindle near the ball joint, then falling out which basically allows the ski to bend at such an angle that the machine can be almost impossible to control. You may want to refer him to the Nytro section of the Totallyamaha website. Google search it. There are pages and pages of threads about the Nytro on there where he should be able to find almost anything out about his sled.

is wants to seal hunt on the
    weekend

Member #
    I've been thinking of getting a FX Nytro. but my question is how are they in -40c temp's starting up? or do you need to plug in a block heater if they have any or battery heater. also does the engine require the battery to run all the time for the fuel injection or is it like CFI batteryless operation? i really like them Nytro's but i have all kinds of questions about them like how good are the front shocks, do they last holding that 4 stroke weight punishment?.etc...

Links