Close
Login to Your Account
Snowmobile Fanatics - Snowmobile Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Is there a sticky or how to???!!!

This is a discussion on Is there a sticky or how to???!!! within the Yamaha forums, part of the Brand Specific Snowmobile Discussion category; Hi guys, I was searching, but couldn't find anything. Do you guys know if there is a step by step how to clean the carbs ...

Thread: Is there a sticky or how to???!!!

This user has no status.

Member #
    Hi guys,

I was searching, but couldn't find anything.
    Do you guys know if there is a step by step how to clean the carbs off of a Phazer ???

I have 2 Phazer IIs and one Phazer 1 .... and they all need their carbs to be cleaned bad ......

Anyone have the steps for this???

Thanks a million in advance!!

This user has no status.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by sofTAp
    Hi guys,

I was searching, but couldn't find anything.
    Do you guys know if there is a step by step how to clean the carbs off of a Phazer ???

I have 2 Phazer IIs and one Phazer 1 .... and they all need their carbs to be cleaned bad ......

Anyone have the steps for this???

Thanks a million in advance!!
    Anyone?

is .

Member #
    Your best off finding a diagram online if you are unsure. otherwise this isnt a bad project to do. you're going to want a can of carb cleaner. Pull the bowl off the carb. I usually use a brush and spray the cleaner in and clean it. some people let it soak I prefer to just get it done. Make sure anything you take out (jets etc.) go back in exactly where they were. You'll want to pull your jets out and make sure there's no blockage. make sure needles and seats arent sticking (part of the bottom float assembly) and finally that the gaskit around the carb bowl hasnt stretched at all or you wont be able to get it back on and if you do it will most likely be leaking. All in all it's a good job for starters just make sure to take your time on the first one and get everything clean and back where it belongs. someone else should chime in if i missed anything.

This user has no status.

Member #
    dont even mess with the gasket and it should work fine

pm if u neeed to

This user has no status.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by midnightthunder
    dont even mess with the gasket and it should work fine
    They can stretch when you pull the bowl off... and rubber gaskits crack with time as well...

This user has no status.

Member #
    i aint had a prob with mine thats all i do leeked once and that was on my wheeler

Links