Close
Login to Your Account
Snowmobile Fanatics - Snowmobile Forum - Powered by vBulletin

94 Yamaha Vmax 500

This is a discussion on 94 Yamaha Vmax 500 within the Yamaha forums, part of the Brand Specific Snowmobile Discussion category; the tors light is on and the snowmobile will run But wont move we lifted up every thing so its not stuck to the ground ...

Thread: 94 Yamaha Vmax 500

This user has no status.

Member #
    the tors light is on and the snowmobile will run But wont move we lifted up every thing so its not stuck to the ground but it just wont move so can you comment on what does the tors light mean

This user has no status.

Member #
    The tors is the throttle over-ride safety. If activated, it will not allow the engine to come up to opersting speed. Either the throttle freeplay is out of adjustment, or the switch is bad. You can bypass the tors system temporarily by unplugging the 2 wires that come off of the carburator switch, then plugging the two like sides together, tricking the machine into thinking the switch position is ok.

This user has no status.

Member #
    is their any other common problems that would make the tors light come on, or blink wildly?

This user has no status.

Member #
    Either your throttle free-play is out of adjustment (too tight), or your carbureters are not closing completely. I really don't think anything else would affect the tors light. I had a '96 v-max 600 that had tors issues like both above. I got sick of it and just bypassed the system. That probably isn't the safest fix, but the gremlims go away!

is is really sick of this weather
    every storm either goes north
    or goes south !!just bring on
    summer so i can use my yard
    and go fishing also will be
    that much closer to next
    winter!!

Member #
    I have a 96job and just had the same issue. Rought it to tbe dealer they told me it was either the switch witch is like 35u bucks AND ut you should be able hear the switch cli king on if u squeez the throttle listen carefully or like mine was just a throttle cable just needed to be adjusted again tbis has happened twice on mine in 5the yrs.or like said above ur carbs are not closeing all the way. Did u notice at all the last time u rode it was it sucking the gas more then usual and would back fire after u squeezed the throttle?? Thats what mine was doing since wow what a difference in gas all millage. Dealer also told me if problem occurs hook the two wires together. I was really scared to do tbat from all the people on here saying not to but he said the chances of smoething going wrong like throttle sticking are like getting hit by a car in the woods. So hopefully urs is just a cable adjustment. Good luck! !!

Quote Originally Posted by clarson6573
    I have a 96 and just had the same issue. Brought it to tbe dealer they told me it was either the switch witch is like 35 bucks AND that you should be able hear the switch clicking on if u squeez the throttle listen carefully, or like mine was just a throttle cable just needed to be adjusted again this has happened twice on mine in 5 yrs.or like said above ur carbs are not closeing all the way. Did u notice at all the last time u rode it was it sucking the gas more then usual and would back fire after u squeezed the throttle?? Thats what mine was doing .since wow what a difference in gas all millage. Dealer also told me if problem occurs hook the two wires together. I was really scared to do that from all the people on here saying not to but he said the chances of smoething going wrong like throttle sticking are like getting hit by a car in the woods. So hopefully urs is just a cable adjustment. Good luck! !!

This user has no status.

Member #
    TORS problems are common with yamahas, unplug the wires from the Carbs and plug the like plugs together, this should solve your problem. If you are worried about the throttle sticking just wear your tether bro.

Links