Close
Login to Your Account
Snowmobile Fanatics - Snowmobile Forum - Powered by vBulletin

where are the spark plugs on 07 phazar FX

This is a discussion on where are the spark plugs on 07 phazar FX within the Yamaha forums, part of the Brand Specific Snowmobile Discussion category; has anyone taken apart a 07 phazar fx enough to find the spark plugs. Please email me if you've found them and how you got ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: where are the spark plugs on 07 phazar FX

This user has no status.

Member #
    has anyone taken apart a 07 phazar fx enough to find the spark plugs. Please email me if you've found them and how you got to them.

This user has no status.

Member #
    First, why do you need to get to the plugs? If you're just curious as to where they are, it's probably not worth the effort to get to them.

This is the Yamaha photo of where the plugs are.
    [attachment=60399]

In real life, this is where they are.
    [attachment=60400]

You need to remove the seat and the gas tank to get to them enough to remove them. I'm not sure on the exact procedure for doing that though. Your dealer should be able to help, or the factory service manual is available now. That would tell you how.

This user has no status.

Member #
    It is a coil on plug system. You have to remove the coil to get to the plug. Could be thats why you couldn't see the plugs?

This user has no status.

Member #
    Cause if you turn your machine off right after starting it you can foul them out easily I guess. 2 mins is magic number.

This user has no status.

Member #
    ^^ Interesting.

I'm assuming you mean a dead cold start right?, with the red coolant light on and the whole shabang. I could see how that may cause a fouling issue. I've shut mine off right after starting before, but the engine was well warmed up.

Maybe I shouldn't do that anymore.

Chassis durability tester
    is is wondering when its going to
    snow

Member #
    You have to remember this is a 4 stroke, the plugs are "deeper" into the motor persay than on a 2 stroke. The plug lower into the motor because of the valve train that is on top of the motor, it is a dual overhead cam motor.

This user has no status.

Member #
    I was told 2 minutes anytime, cold or warm..??

is is ready for summer to go
    bye-bye!!!

Member #
    Originally posted by 07Phazer
    [br]
    I'm assuming you mean a dead cold start right?, with the red coolant light on and the whole shabang. I could see how that may cause a fouling issue. I've shut mine off right after starting before, but the engine was well warmed up.

You shouldnt shut if off before the engine has time to warm up. Basically, the plugs are already kind wet from when you start it up the first time (EFI runs it rich so that it warms up quicker) and then when you shut it off and restart it you are basically drowning the plugs in gas.
    You should also NEVER touch the gas when starting the sled. I know, I know, you are thinking, "its EFI, I shouldnt have to" but I have seen people feather the gas when starting their 4-strokes. When I see that I feel like going over to them, smacking them on the back of the head and saying, "what are you doing? You dont start this thing like a 2-stroke!" [!]
    I get kind of annoyed sometimes when people badmouth these sleds about fouling plugs when the problem isnt the sled, its the operator.

Super Moderator
    is voting for Hillary in 2016

Member #
    Originally posted by Octane
    [br]
    Originally posted by 07Phazer
    [br]

You shouldnt shut if off before the engine has time to warm up. Basically, the plugs are already kind wet from when you start it up the first time (EFI runs it rich so that it warms up quicker) and then when you shut it off and restart it you are basically drowning the plugs in gas.
    You should also NEVER touch the gas when starting the sled. I know, I know, you are thinking, "its EFI, I shouldnt have to" but I have seen people feather the gas when starting their 4-strokes. When I see that I feel like going over to them, smacking them on the back of the head and saying, "what are you doing? You dont start this thing like a 2-stroke!" [!]
    I get kind of annoyed sometimes when people badmouth these sleds about fouling plugs when the problem isnt the sled, its the operator.
    I will argue a few points here.

Running rich will not warm up quicker, lean will. When you run rich all the fuel is not burnt in the chamber hence help in cooling the engine.

Not all 4 strokes are EFI. My Vector will not start when warm unless I push the gas a little bit. It is carbed. Once started it will run with no throttle applied at all.

First response is a fact. Running rich means cooler operating temps, lean means high operating temps.

Second response is my experience with the Vector. Cold start use the choke and let it warm up. Warm/hot starting requires a little throttle input. Remember that the Vector is carburated, not EFI.

Its not turbo lag, its foreplay
    is is watchin some crusty demons

Member #
    I hope this is the problem on my sled. with the shutting on and off thing but my sled was well warmed up i had been driving for about an hour prior but now it won't start and it seems like the engine went out of it. its sputters and that when u try to start
    i ride where its steep n' deep :P
    06 apex mtn
    excell mtn lite exhaust, fox floats on the front, Timbersled lightweight drop brackets
    mtn mod seat, timbersled barkbuster front and mtn tamer rear suspensions,simmons gen 2 skis
    MMP freedom axle with (3) 9 in. blaze billet wheels,Gravity worx billet lefty throttle, Cr Racing 9" risers
    162 2.5 Camo Xtreme track
    YAMAHA BABY!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Links