2002 yamaha viper 700
Close
Login to Your Account
Snowmobile Fanatics - Snowmobile Forum - Powered by vBulletin

2002 yamaha viper 700

This is a discussion on 2002 yamaha viper 700 within the Yamaha forums, part of the Brand Specific Snowmobile Discussion category; I was wondering what the vipers are like? How are they for gas milege? What is the stock HP for them?...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 2002 yamaha viper 700

Drift Pounder
    is is done for the season, sled
    blew up!:(

Member #
    I was wondering what the vipers are like? How are they for gas milege? What is the stock HP for them?

is @ 300 miles for the season and
    looking for more!!!

Member #
    They are extremely fast stock thats all I have to say! I have rode on the back of one going like 110mph.

is got a job at Rona Hardware ^^

Member #
    My dads Buddy has a 04 viper s and he says he could get 150 km's to a tank. and i think they have around 122 -123 hp

is Finally gonna get a chance to
    ride the xrs this weekend!

Member #
    my dad has a 2001 600 triple and it gets about 127 HP stock

is is putting more money into his
    snowmobile...

Member #
    Yea we have two 02' vipers in our group...125hp stock, only burns about a half gallon more than the Apex in the group after about 120-140 mile ride. Just watch out for poor maintenance as far a slide rails. The 02 viper had the track wear through at the bend in the suspension rail, and I bought my 01 SRX already worn through and got a pretty good discount on the sled. Seems to be a common problem with that style Yamaha's if your looking to buy one.

is got a job at Rona Hardware ^^

Member #
    oh really the 600 has that much ? always thought 600 yamy's were aroundz 100-110 hp

Drift Pounder
    is is done for the season, sled
    blew up!:(

Member #
    Thanks for all the info guys! They seem like a pretty decent sled. Do you think it would be a good upgrade from my xcr/ultra?

is SOMEONE WRECK JIMMIE
    JOHNSON!!! LETS GO COUSIN
    CARL!!!

Member #
    Well I'm not sure what size motor you have in your xcr but I bought an 03 viper this year and i put about 2500 km's on it and i'm happy with it. The motor probably makes around 125 to 130 HP and it rides nice then the SRX's because they have a few more inches of travel. The only problems I have had are the usual no snow slider melt downs. If there is a lack of snow you will melt sliders, all Yamaha's do I don't know why. And One upgrade I recomend if it hasn't already been done I would put a rear heat exchanger in ( the one that runs across the back and connects the running board exchangers). I did this because they over heat when you are in low snow conditions. Other then that the sled has been good. The motors are just like The SRX's they are bulletproof they are a great sled. Gas mileage is good probably better then your xcr. I was just riding in Quebec and I got 200 Km's on the tank without the fuel light coming on (yes it has a fuel light) and when it comes on there is still about 10 litres of fuel left in the tank. Would it be an upgrade from your polaris I can't answer that because I've Never rode any older XCR's but i would imagine the suspension would be a lot nicer.

This user has no status.

Member #
    Most slider or hyfax meltdown can be cured by installing scratchers on your rails but there does have to be snow under your track for them to work[].
    Quote Originally Posted by SRXSRULE
    Well I'm not sure what size motor you have in your xcr but I bought an 03 viper this year and i put about 2500 km's on it and i'm happy with it. The motor probably makes around 125 to 130 HP and it rides nice then the SRX's because they have a few more inches of travel. The only problems I have had are the usual no snow slider melt downs. If there is a lack of snow you will melt sliders, all Yamaha's do I don't know why. And One upgrade I recomend if it hasn't already been done I would put a rear heat exchanger in ( the one that runs across the back and connects the running board exchangers). I did this because they over heat when you are in low snow conditions. Other then that the sled has been good. The motors are just like The SRX's they are bulletproof they are a great sled. Gas mileage is good probably better then your xcr. I was just riding in Quebec and I got 200 Km's on the tank without the fuel light coming on (yes it has a fuel light) and when it comes on there is still about 10 litres of fuel left in the tank. Would it be an upgrade from your polaris I can't answer that because I've Never rode any older XCR's but i would imagine the suspension would be a lot nicer.
    [font=Times New Roman][/font=Times New Roman]

is SOMEONE WRECK JIMMIE
    JOHNSON!!! LETS GO COUSIN
    CARL!!!

Member #
    I've never used the scratchers I was worried about them getting caught up in the track whenever i forgot to hang them up and such. Me and my father have both discovered a problem with both my viper and his SRX though. All the track clips are paper thin and have concaved in the middle looking almost "U" shaped. The clips are so thin they heat up really fast and turn blue quickly. So i have to reclip my track because the track is like new and i don't think i want to bother buying a new track and 144 new studs washers etc.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links