Close
Login to Your Account
Snowmobile Fanatics - Snowmobile Forum - Powered by vBulletin

running on one cylinder

This is a discussion on running on one cylinder within the Yamaha forums, part of the Brand Specific Snowmobile Discussion category; 88 480 phazer,was running on 1 cylinder only,switched plugs from side to side still same cylinder not firing.pull plug wire and hold near plug shows ...

Thread: running on one cylinder

This user has no status.

Member #
    88 480 phazer,was running on 1 cylinder only,switched plugs from side to side still same cylinder not firing.pull plug wire and hold near plug shows spark to top of plug.pull plug, plug is wet with fuel.drove on one cylinder full throttle for a couple of minutes all of a sudden both cylinders are running.shutoff and restart still running on both cylinders.Did this last year also.afraid to take it any distance.Seems to have spark and gas on bad cylinder when it is not firing.Any ideas what would cause this intermittent problem?

This user has no status.

Member #
    bad crank seal or dirty carb..........

This user has no status.

Member #
    crank seal will cause intermitent firing in cylider?Once the second cylinder cut in I was doing 75 mph by the time I looked down at the speedo.

This user has no status.

Member #
    sounds like pilot jet or idle metering in the carb to me....take them apart, clean them up real good. I mean real good. Run some copper wire strands through the pilot jet and let them get all the crud build up out.

Links