Close
Login to Your Account
Snowmobile Fanatics - Snowmobile Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Hry, Just bought a 1996 V-max xt

This is a discussion on Hry, Just bought a 1996 V-max xt within the Yamaha forums, part of the Brand Specific Snowmobile Discussion category; new member here !, i jus kinda got back into snowmobiling again this season and received an 85 vmax to rip around on i loved ...

Thread: Hry, Just bought a 1996 V-max xt

This user has no status.

Member #
    new member here !, i jus kinda got back into snowmobiling again this season and received an 85 vmax to rip around on i loved that sled until the stator jus went out i replaced the ingition coil an got a price on a stator an decided to jus fix it in the summer until i was at the yamaha dealer ship an seen a pogo stick monster in the corner, i checked it out it had 10,000 very soft kilometers on it and was maintaned through out its life by the yammi dealer, up until he upgraded to a nytro and got them to privately sell it. i tryed gettin the price down a few notches, they were firm on 2,500 cdn the sled was babied no scratches on the runnin boards perfect paint an plastics, clean motor an not even a speck of dirt or debris down on the belly pan i had to throw a down payment on it fast. went to the bank an got a grand an spent my hard earned cash on my new mighty vmax, just thaught id tell a story bout my new vmax and wanted to see who else likes these sleds and what kinda hop ups did you do to it. yamaha all day!

is Hey.

Member #
    Welcome to the site, very informational with lots of knowledgeable members!

We have a 1995 Yamaha Vmax XT with some slydogs, twin PSI pipes, ported and polished. Sled has about 7000 miles without a hicup and still runs like a bat out of hell despite me beating the living hell out of it the last two seasons. I think it beats a friends SXr 700 with triple pipes out of the hole, but of course he walks away in the top end.

is Currently opening a new auto
    repair and sled repair and
    parts buisness in little falls
    ny...stay tun ed for updates

Member #
    i had one but my back could not handled the poor suspension (im old) i loved the sled it was fast and reliable but the ride was not that great
    good luck with it

This user has no status.

Member #
    the sly dog skis fit without cuttin anything up, do they make a model specific trail/powder ski for the vmax?

is Hey.

Member #
    The slydogs fit fine with a mounting kit we got for it. A piece of rubber goes on the ski under the spindle and then you just bolt it on.

is SOMEONE WRECK JIMMIE
    JOHNSON!!! LETS GO COUSIN
    CARL!!!

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by frostytops
    new member here !, i jus kinda got back into snowmobiling again this season and received an 85 vmax to rip around on i loved that sled until the stator jus went out i replaced the ingition coil an got a price on a stator an decided to jus fix it in the summer until i was at the yamaha dealer ship an seen a pogo stick monster in the corner, i checked it out it had 10,000 very soft kilometers on it and was maintaned through out its life by the yammi dealer, up until he upgraded to a nytro and got them to privately sell it. i tryed gettin the price down a few notches, they were firm on 2,500 cdn the sled was babied no scratches on the runnin boards perfect paint an plastics, clean motor an not even a speck of dirt or debris down on the belly pan i had to throw a down payment on it fast. went to the bank an got a grand an spent my hard earned cash on my new mighty vmax, just thaught id tell a story bout my new vmax and wanted to see who else likes these sleds and what kinda hop ups did you do to it. yamaha all day!
    We sold our 94 Vmax with about 15,000 Km on it back in 2005 and I was lucky to get $1000 bucks Cnd back then for it and it was in mint condition not a scratch or tear. I think $2500 bucks is a rip off of a price considering its not a rare low mileage sled. I only paid $3700 for my 03 Viper last year and it only had 80--Km on it. Aside from that they were a great sled I never had any problems with my 94 other then the fact that it was a pig on oil and gas but all sleds were back then. Good luck with the sled and If you need any information on it there are lots of owners and ex owners of those sleds.

This user has no status.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by frostytops
    Hey have the same sled. Good sled but beware of the mileage. I bought mine this year from a friend with a 93 phazer and a trailer for 2500. anyway make sure that you use a good octane fuel. I blew the piston and head because of bad fuel. I guess that this is typical for this sled year. I was told that the stop pins in the piston eat themselves and end up catching the exhaust port then you add bad fuel and bam there goes your piston. Hope you have fun on your sled they run awesome.

Links