Close
Login to Your Account
Snowmobile Fanatics - Snowmobile Forum - Powered by vBulletin

1985 Polaris SS 440 Snowmobile

This is a discussion on 1985 Polaris SS 440 Snowmobile within the Vintage forums, part of the Snowmobiles category; I picked up a Polaris SS 440 at an auction earlier this year. I had every intention of parting it out, but I got it ...

Thread: 1985 Polaris SS 440 Snowmobile

This user has no status.

Member #
    I picked up a Polaris SS 440 at an auction earlier this year. I had every intention of parting it out, but I got it running. I bought a new windshield for it, because the old was no longer there. I am having some trouble in the mounting procedure. The windshield has mounting tabs on the bottom which fit through the hood. I put them through, but it seems fairly wobbly and I would be half afraid to ride it in fear of it flying off. Is there something that I am missing that possibly mounts on the inside of the hood that keeps the windshield steady? If anybody can give me more feedback on this I would greatly appreciate it. Even a photo of what the mounting hardware looks like would be a great help. Thanks
    -Chris

Sled Repair Shop Owner
    is Praying for snow!!

Member #
    I have a ss440 also and there is rubber O rings that go around the tab to hold it on. Just make shure that the O rings are thick enough for the job.

is Not enough snow and trails not
    open yet!

Member #
    http://www.denniskirk.com/jsp/search/search.jsp?x=0&y=0&searchString=windshield+o-rings&store=Main&resultType=subCategories

This user has no status.

Member #
    Use zip ties (small ones)and clip around windshield tabs,works great,i have an old 1985 ss440 and mounted the windshield that way,instead of rubber rings.

deerslayer
    is the weather is cold enough,
    now come on old man winter,
    show your fury

Member #
    you can buy the tabs for the windshield

This user has no status.

Member #
    Hey thanks that will save some money and time. Nothing like a quick and easy fix. Happy snowmobiling!

Quote Originally Posted by BIGTRUCKBALLIN420
    Use zip ties (small ones)and clip around windshield tabs,works great,i have an old 1985 ss440 and mounted the windshield that way,instead of rubber rings.

Links