Close
Login to Your Account
Snowmobile Fanatics - Snowmobile Forum - Powered by vBulletin

1970 ski doo olympic 335

This is a discussion on 1970 ski doo olympic 335 within the Vintage forums, part of the Snowmobiles category; i just got this olympic, and it needed new carb gaskets. so i replaced them all and the filter at the bottom of the tillotson ...

Thread: 1970 ski doo olympic 335

This user has no status.

Member #
    i just got this olympic, and it needed new carb gaskets. so i replaced them all and the filter at the bottom of the tillotson carb and the carb wont draw gas, anyone got any tips?

This user has no status.

Member #
    Make sure the gasket lines up with the little holes where the carb. bolts on. That is were the carb. gets it's vacuum pulse from the engine to draw the gas.
    Also, make sure the line coming from the tank is good. The line in the tank was known to rot out and would suck air.

This user has no status.

Member #
    alright, i will take it apart and make sure they all line up. i really think it is the gaskets because gas is getting to the carb just fine but it will only stay running on the gas i put in the cylinder myself. but if there is no suction in the carb, then how is gas comeing out the return line?

"It's a jelly"
    is haha my $10 Poulan 2000 runs!

Member #
    I had a similar problem with my dad's Evinrude. The gas tank was rusty and it drew tiny rust particles up into the carb and gummed it up. I cleaned it out and it ran. If gas is getting to the carb, then you must have the holes lined up right.

This user has no status.

Member #
    never mind, i took it apart again and noticed the needle was stuck, so i losend it up and runs great now!

"It's a jelly"
    is haha my $10 Poulan 2000 runs!

Member #
    never mind, i took it apart again and noticed the needle was stuck, so i losend it up and runs great now!
    That's exactly what happened on the Skeeter. You may want to see what may have caused it. In my case it was rust. It could've just been stuck up anyway.

Links