Close
Login to Your Account
Snowmobile Fanatics - Snowmobile Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Fuel line broke off inside tank how do I fix it?

This is a discussion on Fuel line broke off inside tank how do I fix it? within the Engine forums, part of the The Performance Tuning Shop category; Just like it says 96 indy trail with fuel line broke off at the fitting inside the tank. Do I need to remove the tank? ...

Thread: Fuel line broke off inside tank how do I fix it?

WOT
    This user has no status.

Member #
    Just like it says 96 indy trail with fuel line broke off at the fitting inside the tank. Do I need to remove the tank? Any tips or help is appreciated!!!!

is Plowing snow

Member #
    pull tank
    drain fuel
    pull fitting from tank and replace needed equipment

This user has no status.

Member #
    on my 94 trail the fuel line comes out right by the handle bar shaft.since mine was so tight I had to pull the tank back to get to it.Just remember the fuel line inside has to be the right length and has a weight on the end

is Status, Status, Status

Member #
    ^^ what he said.

If the fuel level is below the outlet port on the tank, try to hook the fuel line from inside the tank with a bent piece of wire, remove the outlet port, reattach the fuel line and reinstall the port.

WOT
    This user has no status.

Member #
    Figured it out, pull airbox and remove fitting from tank. Glad I looked at it closely before I pulled the tank!

is Plowing snow

Member #
    good work, but pulling a tank will only take 10 min. not a big deal

This user has no status.

Member #
    Had the same problem with my Polaris 2up. I pulled the tank off and drained the fuel. My fuel line was in pieces in the tank so had to do some flushing before I put it back on. The next problem I ran into was that the new line and filter wouldnt sink so I attached a weight with a zip tie to the end. Kind of a joke for a setup.

is JAN 2014 ,NO SNOW IN
    MASS,REALLY SUCKS

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by notcho97
    Just like it says 96 indy trail with fuel line broke off at the fitting inside the tank. Do I need to remove the tank? Any tips or help is appreciated!!!!
    U SHOULD NOT NEED TO PULL TANK OFF ,, REMOVE AIRBOX AND U SHOULD SEE FITTING ATTACHED TO TANK ,,UNSCCREW AND REPLACE HOSE ,,EZ FIX ,,ADD WIGHT TO END OF HOSE SO IT SITS AT BOTTOM OF TANK ,,U CAN FISH IT OUT FROM THE FILL CAP AREA TO ADD THE WEIGHT

is Plowing snow

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by brentsboats
    Quote Originally Posted by notcho97
    U SHOULD NOT NEED TO PULL TANK OFF ,, REMOVE AIRBOX AND U SHOULD SEE FITTING ATTACHED TO TANK ,,UNSCCREW AND REPLACE HOSE ,,EZ FIX ,,ADD WIGHT TO END OF HOSE SO IT SITS AT BOTTOM OF TANK ,,U CAN FISH IT OUT FROM THE FILL CAP AREA TO ADD THE WEIGHT
    IF U WOULD READ, HE ALREADY FIXED IT[confused]

Links