Close
Login to Your Account
Snowmobile Fanatics - Snowmobile Forum - Powered by vBulletin

1997 Polaris 600 XLT/XCR

This is a discussion on 1997 Polaris 600 XLT/XCR within the Engine forums, part of the The Performance Tuning Shop category; Can anyone tell me if there are port timing differences on the different jugs? Could one effectively change the jugs from the XLT to the ...

Thread: 1997 Polaris 600 XLT/XCR

This user has no status.

Member #
    Can anyone tell me if there are port timing differences on the different jugs? Could one effectively change the jugs from the XLT to the XCR and not have problems?

This user has no status.

Member #
    i dont know of the port timing differences on the jugs, although there probably are. there are in the xcr 400 compared to an indy 440 so im guessing the same would be on the 600. The jugs and definitely swappable. both motors are identical physically.

XCR
    This user has no status.

Member #
    it should work the only thing is a XLT sp and a XCR have slightly biger ports.

This user has no status.

Member #

it should run fine. If you want to know if there is a differance measure it. If there is a differance, the motor will basiclly be a XLT motor and not a XCR because that is the only differance in the two.

This user has no status.

Member #
    Yes, I understand that I can measure them, I just thought someone may be able to save me some time...the scenario with this sled starts last year....they were up hillclimbing and the clutch came apart therefore sending the engine to 8 billion rpm...and it twisted the crank...so, he took the crank out, had it rebuilt and put it back together, but this time using the XCR jugs...now it won't run worth crap...bogs...carbs have been gone through and cleaned...

just not sure where to go on this one...
    You can be member #7502 for a mere 5 Dollars..sent to...lmao...well it could work...

This user has no status.

Member #
    It also sucks that he hasn't brought the sled to us to put in the shop...very hard to trouble shoot this way

This user has no status.

Member #
    Yeah that does suck. Thak could be anything though. I'd check everywhere for a air leak.

XCR
    This user has no status.

Member #
    if it was a a xlt than they run 34mm carbs if its a xlt sp thay have 38mm carbs check in to that you may b to rich.

Links