Close
Login to Your Account
Snowmobile Fanatics - Snowmobile Forum - Powered by vBulletin

how to put a xcr 800 motor in an edge

This is a discussion on how to put a xcr 800 motor in an edge within the Suspension and Chassis forums, part of the The Performance Tuning Shop category; hi guys i am new to the site. i am thinking about getting a edge to put my xcr motor in and was wondering how ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: how to put a xcr 800 motor in an edge

This user has no status.

Member #
    hi guys i am new to the site. i am thinking about getting a edge to put my xcr motor in and was wondering how much of a job i am looking at. and what will fit from the gen 2 to the edge

This user has no status.

Member #
    It's been done several times. With a proper motor plate, you can pretty much drop it in, with the stock pipes.

HTG used to make a kit, you may be able to find one used.

This user has no status.

Member #
    We make our own kit. It allows you to use stock gen 2 pipes or HTG gen 2 pipes. Pm me if your interested.

This user has no status.

Member #
    I know a guy right now with an 04 pro xr 800 edge chassis, with an 800xcr engine in it. It has the HTG pipes to.

This user has no status.

Member #
    storm80097, what are you motivations for the swap? Do you want something different, aimed more at the "mod" status?
    Or do you just want the better suspension of the Edge?

If you just want the better ride quality, You can put an edge suspension into your sled. I see that you have the 2001 XCR8. That's a rockin' sled, I'd hate to see that one get pieced out.

This user has no status.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Polaris_Parts_MN
    storm80097, what are you motivations for the swap? Do you want something different, aimed more at the "mod" status?
    Or do you just want the better suspension of the Edge?

If you just want the better ride quality, You can put an edge suspension into your sled. I see that you have the 2001 XCR8. That's a rockin' sled, I'd hate to see that one get pieced out.
    It is a sweet sled, but in my opinion you can't beat the XCR 800 in the edge chassis. I built mine last year and I plan on keeping it for a long time. It is such a blast to drive. You can go out the lake and be very competitive yet still ride on the trail and take up all the stutter bumps and big woops with ease.

Mr. Kirb
    is its starting to get colder,
    and my body is starting to get
    jumpy.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by PolarisIndySKS
    I know a guy right now with an 04 pro xr 800 edge chassis, with an 800xcr engine in it. It has the HTG pipes to.
    ya its for sale on the cl

Picture me ridin
    This user has no status.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by yellowstorm800
    We make our own kit. It allows you to use stock gen 2 pipes or HTG gen 2 pipes. Pm me if your interested.
    Im interested in your kit could you please pm me with pics and more info
    Thanks in advance

This user has no status.

Member #
    yeah i am interested in what is in the kit and how much

im not gonna get rid of the sled i just wanna save the sled and beat on the edge i like to ride the rough stuff and i can bring myself to tear up the xcr chassis. and after i get the edge built and taken care of i would like to get another 800 motor and put back in the stock xcr chassis.

any info you guys have i am thankfull for.

This user has no status.

Member #
    To use our kit you need to send me a set of 700/800 twin edge motor straps. If you don't have any we can supply you a set for an additional cost. We then machine the edge straps to accept our motor plate. All you have to do is move the left front rubber mount over in the chassis. A very easy thing to do. We also send you an air box plate. You use the stock edge air box and just cut a 3rd hole in the air box plate. You will need to get 2004 pro x 440 intake boots. (part numbers are included in the instructions) There are very detailed instructions included with some pictures. You can use stock gen 2 pipes. You will have to take out the right front hood screen and trim the inside of the hood a little bit. Again nothing serious at all. If you use HTG gen 2 pipes there will be no trimming of the hood but you will have to trim the front bumper support. It looks very clean and factory when it's all done. We have been running this kit in our own sleds for a couple of years with no issues. We have since sold about a dozen kits since. The cost of the kit is $250 plus shipping.
    jasonmc98 likes this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Links