Snowmobile Fanatics banner

Xtra 12 front suspension?

6K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  Ultra680 
#1 ·
I'm going to be upgrading to an Xtra 10 or edge rear skid on my '93 500 Indy.

I have a chance to buy the trailing arms, control arms, spindles off a '96 XLT Xtra 12. Woudl this be an upgrade, or is their something better?

Thanks,

#2 ·
you need longer shocks, radius rods, tie rods and sway bar. You probably don't need the trailing arms but they may be helpfull. You may need to mod the bulk head a bit for tie rod clearance. Only do this if you are going the edge route. It will be to tall for the extra 10.

#5 ·
Originally posted by Ultra680
[br]Go with the xtra-10. So much less headaches and you'll love it. The xtra-12 front is too much trouble as is the edge skid.
How is the EDGE skid, "trouble"? IMO, its one of the best rear suspensions Polaris has ever made.

#7 ·
Go for it. People get on kicks around here for one thing or another. Ask the same question twice, a month apart, and you are likely to get two different opinions. As for me, I'm always on a kick. At least I'm consistent. Ha ha.

I doubt you can update to an Edge for cheaper than rebuilding your Xtra-10. Consider that a used Edge will likely need rebuilt or new shocks an possiblt new springs, just like your Xtra-10 might need.

#9 ·
Originally posted by Octane
[br]
Originally posted by Ultra680
[br]Go with the xtra-10. So much less headaches and you'll love it. The xtra-12 front is too much trouble as is the edge skid.
How is the EDGE skid, "trouble"? IMO, its one of the best rear suspensions Polaris has ever made.

You obviously don't understand. I was not referring to the edge suspension itself, only the application in this instance. I'll leave it there.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.