800 Top Speed - Page 3
Close
Login to Your Account
Snowmobile Fanatics - Snowmobile Forum - Powered by vBulletin

800 Top Speed

This is a discussion on 800 Top Speed within the General forums, part of the Snowmobiles category; xcsp700guy has a team clutch and he said his sled pulls from start to whenever he lets off. Also i'v heard from diffrent people that ...

"); }
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: 800 Top Speed

This user has no status.

Member #
    xcsp700guy has a team clutch and he said his sled pulls from start to whenever he lets off. Also i'v heard from diffrent people that on a polaris motor if you tweak it you can get more hp out of a 700 than an 800.

is Wishing I could ride a twin

Member #
    he also said he can do 120 mph.
    one thing with this clutch is if the track is dragging from dry hyfax or something, this clutch is made to backshift. so it will sense the extra drag and stop the upshift. where the old clutch would just keep pulling. on a new sled the track might be a little tight, at high speed its harder to lube the track. everything else in the drive line might be tight, so the clutch might be sensing this, in time it might get better. also the springs will take a set in the first couple hundred miles, i would almost leave it if the dealer says it is fine and put a season on it. at the end if it is the same then do something.

This user has no status.

Member #
    For trail riding, the Team clutch is far superior to the button set up. You are always in the power-band and the backshifting is out of this world lightning fast. For drag racing you need a totally, radically different helix and spring combo. A local drag racing team (Benoit/Buchanan Racing) uses a Team clutch on their Ski-Doo with outstanding results. More power to the track and quicker times (dyno proven and track proven). With less heat build up in the clutches as well. Polaris set these sleds up for the real world, trail riding. There are combos out there to make the sled pull harder and get more top end, but you are going to loose some backshifting. Give and take. I have over 350 miles on my 04'XC800 now and it stays side by side with any F7 that I have come accross so far in a drag. So yes, the 800's put out an honest 136-138 hp in the XC, the Pro-X may be a bit down, but I dont believe for one minute that they put out 127 hp. http://power-mods.bizhosting.com/dynoport_pipe_dyno1.pdf See attached link. Once mine is broke in I have several componets to try and will post the results. Weights, springs for the primary and secondary, gearing change and jetting change. Later.

This user has no status.

Member #
    why bother screwing around with it , i'd take it back to the dealer (2004 should be on warranty) and tell them to fix it. If they give you grieve give it back to them! no way a 800 should do under 100mph. somethings not set up right. maybe carbs need to be set or timing or something. but i wouldnt mess with it cuz it could void your warranty! beware

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links