Cans bad for sleds - Page 4
Close
Login to Your Account
Snowmobile Fanatics - Snowmobile Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Cans bad for sleds

This is a discussion on Cans bad for sleds within the General forums, part of the Snowmobiles category; Originally Posted by powderforlife Originally Posted by AlumaDoo Never had one, never will. Seems like a pretty silly investment to me. If you're in it ...

"); }
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Cans bad for sleds

This user has no status.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by powderforlife
    Quote Originally Posted by AlumaDoo
    Never had one, never will. Seems like a pretty silly investment to me. If you're in it to lose 8-12 lbs, how about shedding the weight yourself? For that matter, just don't fill the tank all the way, and you're good to go. I'd givr ya the noise lecture, but I'm sure you know that obnoxious sleds/drivers, get trails closed. Be careful in your purchase.
    What if you don't have any weight to lose? I like topping of my sled so I can ride longer. I guess you don't? Not all of us have to noise restrictions. Some performance exhausts companies like SLP make a cans that are almost the same decible level as a stock can, but they are lighter.
    x2. I'm only 125lbs ( and 5' 7" ), so losing weight really isnt an option ( if anything I try gaining it ). But I did remove the electric start from my sled to shave off almost 30lbs, and if I were to get a can ( which I dont plan on doing ), I could have over 40lbs taken off with just 2 minor components.

is Rode my motorcycle today.. its
    mid december and Im scheduled
    for a 2 week "snowmobile trip"
    starting next week.

Member #
    I thought about it long and hard this summer. Decided to spend the moneey on some new skis. I can't justify the price of a can. Its crazy.

This user has no status.

Member #
    I have a can because they're cool, braaaap!

Seriously, I have one cause they sound cool to ME! I have been using ultra Q on the past few sleds. Love em!

This user has no status.

Member #
    One in a thousand guys think cans sound awesome. That one guy gets the trails closed because they love the sound their sled makes at 2 in the morning.

Why again are you wondering why people get ripped for buying cans?

is 1.75 46.5% should be a good
    weekend

Member #
    Because as stated before some areas don't get trails closed due to noise.

is Anyone watching the
    filibuster?

Member #
    I have a can because my sled came with one....still have the stock one but for free weight loss why would I use it? The SLP saves 9lbs or so and has a nice tone without being too loud. Really the best of both worlds. Still would like to try the stock can out and see how it compares but haven't had the notion to drag 18lbs 1700 miles just to try it out....maybe I will this year.

This user has no status.

Member #
    There are some idiots on here who always speak there garbage about cans, and NO one should have them. Sure, if you live and ride in your town and it is a problem there, go ahead and Ban the cans. Make sense!
    What about all the other riders around who don't live in a crappy situation like you where you can do as you wish. Noise is really not a concern in many parts of the US.
    I for one like em loud!
    If me and my buds didn't have loud cans we would all at one point of time or another be spending the night on the mountain.
    For all you "Anti-Can" pushers, look at the big picture. Maybe Cans don't fit your scenario, that doesn't mean they don't fit the next guys.
    Use them responsibly. Same as MANY things available to you.

This user has no status.

Member #
    I have used MBRP (trail and race) and the current one I run is dynoport. Friends have had MBRP's and Sno-Stuff.. I think cans sound nice, but my mbrp race did get annoying after I will. I love sound of my dynoport pipe/can combo though!

is January 2016, 80 mile ride.
    Highest mileage total in 6
    years!

Member #
    A few years back I had a Sno-Stuff rumblepack on my ZR, it sounded pretty nice but IMO it was really cheap, the bolt on bracket busted off after only a couple months of use and vibration, and it was mounted correctly.

I have a full SLP exhaust on my RMK right now and I love it. It's not insanely loud but it does have the "brap" tone to it.

is is Dazed and confused

Member #
    Cans arent Good for sleds.....
    They close down trails, leaving it harder to find places to ride them..

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links