Cans bad for sleds
Close
Login to Your Account
Snowmobile Fanatics - Snowmobile Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Cans bad for sleds

This is a discussion on Cans bad for sleds within the General forums, part of the Snowmobiles category; I am looking at buying a different sled and have some interest in putting a can on it i was wondering if that would be ...

"); }
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Cans bad for sleds

is Looking at a 2006 M7 to buy!
    Any problems with that sled

Member #
    I am looking at buying a different sled and have some interest in putting a can on it i was wondering if that would be bad for the snowmobile and if it would cause any problems?

This user has no status.

Member #
    No problems just might be louder which I,m sure is going to get you the standard lecture by some here.Check around,some makes are obnoxiously loud while others are reasonable.Can,t tell ya from experience as I,ve never bought one.Pipes yes but can no.

is Looking at a 2006 M7 to buy!
    Any problems with that sled

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Rainman56
    No problems just might be louder which I,m sure is going to get you the standard lecture by some here.Check around,some makes are obnoxiously loud while others are reasonable.Can,t tell ya from experience as I,ve never bought one.Pipes yes but can no.
    Yah i would be buying it to lose a little weight but mostly for the sound

is anyone know of any place that
    builds race legal clutch
    guards?

Member #
    No problems with running a can. If you're looking for sound just go to youtube and find one that sounds the best to you.

is The iqr sure took a beating
    this year from the lttile I
    rode it, need one suspension
    rail, rear bumper, snowflap
    strap ,Steering stem is a
    little tweeked and the side
    cover isnt sraight anmore.. I
    thought things were tough?
    haha

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Articsnowcat
    Cans are just dumb, they give you no power at all and make your sled loud and annoying and are expensive for what they are. If your looking to lose weight, get more power and a better sound... get a full exhaust.

This user has no status.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Vamped400
    Quote Originally Posted by Articsnowcat
    Cans are just dumb, they give you no power at all and make your sled loud and annoying and are expensive for what they are. If your looking to lose weight, get more power and a better sound... get a full exhaust.
    They aren't the best bang for your buck, but they aren't dumb. They don't make any power, but most of the time they drop 8-12 lbs. Just to tell you when you buy a full exhaust you are buying a can too ...(Y-pipe, pipe, "can").

This user has no status.

Member #
    Some cans your top end will decrease. Spend the money on clutching in my opinion.

is time to start hunting for an
    IQR

Member #
    i will never own a sled without a can. loud and proud the way wee look at it here. and no we dont have noise restrictions where we ride it all open country

is 1.75 46.5% should be a good
    weekend

Member #
    I have a can. I don't notice any power loss. Never noticed any top end loss either. With the lightweight seat and can the skis come up much better on my 500. Im not saying it gave me power. Ill claim its because of the weight loss.

This user has no status.

Member #
    Through my experience, mbrp can cost me top end. Have heard good things about slp. I am not against cans but when they cost some sleds speed, it is a waste. I have after market mufflers on my Harley with a high flow a/c and tune to get about twenty h.p. trial and error with what works. If you just want noise, why run a muffler at all.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links