Sad.... - Page 2
Close
Login to Your Account
Snowmobile Fanatics - Snowmobile Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Sad....

This is a discussion on Sad.... within the General forums, part of the Snowmobiles category; Originally Posted by dodger thanks,,,lots of work involved. Many think I'm an A$$hole Sometimes you gota be one! I'm not to active on there sense ...

"); }
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Sad....

is Noon Crew

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by dodger View Post
    thanks,,,lots of work involved. Many think I'm an A$$hole
    Sometimes you gota be one! I'm not to active on there sense I got out of the IQR world sense they arnt very good at my type of riding, but still scroll threw some posts on your page once in a while.
    Hoping to pick up a older stock iqr some time this season and give snox a shot here in AK, but racing is so dead up here that its hard to dedicate to it.

Administrator
    This user has no status.

Member #
    Been awhile since I've been around here. Still can't believe I used to spend 5+ hours (usually fighting with someone) every day on this site. I can't even remember what it was like back when Erick and I first started this place in 2001 or whatever it was, when the forum was split between two sites, polarisfiles.com and snowmobilefanatics.com and the forum was called The Ultimate Snowmobile Forum

I must be old now. I don't like internet fighting, I don't like facebook, I used to be active on there too but it's gone completely to hell. Only reason I still have my account is for a couple of private groups I'm a member of for some business and some people use facebook messenger to contact me.

Twitter seemed to be where it was at for awhile but that's turning into an unorganized mess of "In case you missed it" and "so and so liked something". I don't understand why social media, any of them, can't just post stuff in chronological order like these old forums did.

Sled wise it's been a long time since I posted anything. In 2014 I sold my Pro-R 800 and figured I'd roll with my FST as my only sled. Ended up buying a 2015 Pro-S 800 in January of '16. It's now November 2017, fired that sled up to look at the odometer and it's got 250 miles on it and 7.7 hours of run time. That's pathetic. I've sold the FST as well. A couple of my buddies have bought sleds in the meantime, last winter looked promising in December but I was gone on a cruise in January and while we were gone it warmed up to something stupid like +10C or 50F, all the snow turned to glare ice and it never snowed again all winter. Put 75 miles on in Feb on a warm day when everything was melting.

The passion for this sport doesn't seem to be what it once was across the board though. The machines have gotten way too expensive and it seems like the seasons get shorter all the time.
    Every single day of my life has been worse than the day before it. That means every day you see me, that's the worst day of my life.

My history of vehicles:

1980 Yamaha Enticer 250 | 1990 Arctic Cat Jag AFS 440 | 1994 Polaris Indy 440 | 1996 Polaris XCR 440 SP | 1998 Polaris XCR 440 SP | 2003 Polaris Pro-X 600 | 2006 Polaris Fusion 600 HO | 2008 Polaris
    Dragon 600 HO CFI | 2007 Polaris Switchback 600 HO CFI | 2011 Polaris Pro-R Rush 800 | 2007 Polaris IQ FST | 2015 Polaris Axys Pro-S Rush 800

1986 F150 XLT Lariat 5.0L V8 | 1994 Ford Explorer XL | 2000 F150 XLT 4.6 V8 | 2004 F150 Lariat 5.4 V8 | 2010 F150 Lariat 5.4 V8 | 2011 F150 Lariat 3.5L V6 EcoBoost | 2013 F150 Lariat 3.5L V6 EcoBoost | 2014 F250 Lariat 6.7L Power Stroke Diesel | 2016 F250 Lariat 6.7L Power Stroke Diesel | 2018 F250 Lariat 6.7 Power Stroke Diesel

is Noon Crew

Member #
    The machines are only expensive if you feel the need to have the latest and greatest to keep up with the jones's.

I'll stick to my couple year old sleds for quarter the price.

I do agree about social media though, I much prefer forums.

This user has no status.

Member #
    Sad....it really is. I didn't hop on board until '06 and it seemed to be booming then. If you clicked on new posts or active topics you had pages of threads to search. These days if there are 3 new/recent posts it's a lot. It seems like people are still joining and asking legit questions and being a lame, forum participating, non social mediator, workahaulic.....I will answer what I think I know and help where I can. Chive on SF.
    Polaris...it IS the way out!

is a MI resident. Sled is a 1995
    550 Cougar, showroom
    condition! SnowTrailsTV IS NOW
    broadcasting current season on
    DESTINATION AMERICA (Saturday
    @7am)- http://snowtrailstv.com

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by whitexc View Post
    Yeah beyond the changing of ownership I think the password thing was a huge hit. I don't do Facebook, as lame as that is, so being stuck in the old times of forums I guess some us will suffer. I should bite the bullet and sign on to it but I just don't want to. Corral.net, tractorbynet, SF, Badweatherbikers, and Sledfreak.com (for a while) are my time consuming internet homes, some more than others. Oh and we can't forget about NYFirearms.com but I haven't been on there much....FUCUOMO and your Safe Act.
    Yeah, and I read about all those young NY women raped and beaten to death while jogging and think it's sad in some parts like NY women can't even carry pepper spray.

Administrator
    This user has no status.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by AKproXR View Post
    The machines are only expensive if you feel the need to have the latest and greatest to keep up with the jones's.

I'll stick to my couple year old sleds for quarter the price.

I do agree about social media though, I much prefer forums.
    To each their own I guess. As you can see above I had a 2007 and a 2011, sold the 2011 because it was too expensive and was going to use a cheaper older one and then I just didn't like riding. Once you've ridden the new ones you don't want to go backwards. At least I didn't.

I like riding my Axys machine, it's worth the money when it's being used, the two winters I've had it there's never really been any snow though and there's a huge lack of people to go riding with. I still don't like riding alone, that's no fun.
    Every single day of my life has been worse than the day before it. That means every day you see me, that's the worst day of my life.

My history of vehicles:

1980 Yamaha Enticer 250 | 1990 Arctic Cat Jag AFS 440 | 1994 Polaris Indy 440 | 1996 Polaris XCR 440 SP | 1998 Polaris XCR 440 SP | 2003 Polaris Pro-X 600 | 2006 Polaris Fusion 600 HO | 2008 Polaris
    Dragon 600 HO CFI | 2007 Polaris Switchback 600 HO CFI | 2011 Polaris Pro-R Rush 800 | 2007 Polaris IQ FST | 2015 Polaris Axys Pro-S Rush 800

1986 F150 XLT Lariat 5.0L V8 | 1994 Ford Explorer XL | 2000 F150 XLT 4.6 V8 | 2004 F150 Lariat 5.4 V8 | 2010 F150 Lariat 5.4 V8 | 2011 F150 Lariat 3.5L V6 EcoBoost | 2013 F150 Lariat 3.5L V6 EcoBoost | 2014 F250 Lariat 6.7L Power Stroke Diesel | 2016 F250 Lariat 6.7L Power Stroke Diesel | 2018 F250 Lariat 6.7 Power Stroke Diesel

Super Moderator
    is Meatball CYI

Member #
    I managed to get 600 miles on last yr with a combination of MTN and flatland riding, thats the most miles I have put on in at least 5yrs. We don't have very consistent winters in ND anymore, seems like it goes from one extreme to the other.

I bought a mint 95 Storm last yr with 1600 miles as a novelty sled to tinker with. I have done a lot of google searches to get the jetting, clutching and gearing setup right and 90% of the info I found was from various SF threads dating back 5-10yrs ago. This site might be dead now but there is still a lot of valuble info archived regarding older sleds.
    Last edited by RMK-KING; 11-26-2017 at 02:08 AM.
    Polaris-Man likes this.
    Current Line
    -19 Pro RMK 850
    -17 Switchback Assault 800
    -00 XCR 800
    -95 Storm 800

Days get shorter,snow gets deeper,life gets better.

Super Moderator
    is the turbonator

Member #
    I sold my T660 turbo 2 seasons? ago after lack of snow and trails closed 2 yrs in a row. ZRT sits leaking in my garage hasn't been started in 2 years. I simply got old and busy. I have 5 motorcycles, house, corvette, atv, and a girlfriend to maintain. I'm still here though, not that anyone missed me Wish we all lived closer. Lone Central NY'ker over here in the east. I will get the ZRT carbs cleaned and get her going in the next few weeks I hope just in case we get 1 day of snow and I can rip around my field lol. Pman you nailed it. (also whitexc.. I ditched the iphone crap and the user).
    RMK-KING, Polaris-Man and 2SEWINGS like this.

Super Moderator
    is Meatball CYI

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by arcticcatmatt View Post
    I sold my T660 turbo 2 seasons? ago after lack of snow and trails closed 2 yrs in a row. ZRT sits leaking in my garage hasn't been started in 2 years. I simply got old and busy. I have 5 motorcycles, house, corvette, atv, and a girlfriend to maintain. I'm still here though, not that anyone missed me Wish we all lived closer. Lone Central NY'ker over here in the east. I will get the ZRT carbs cleaned and get her going in the next few weeks I hope just in case we get 1 day of snow and I can rip around my field lol. Pman you nailed it. (also whitexc.. I ditched the iphone crap and the user).
    5 motorcycles? Hopefully you get to ride the old "Zip,Rip, and Tear" again this year.
    Current Line
    -19 Pro RMK 850
    -17 Switchback Assault 800
    -00 XCR 800
    -95 Storm 800

Days get shorter,snow gets deeper,life gets better.

is Noon Crew

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Polaris-Man View Post
    I like riding my Axys machine, it's worth the money when it's being used, the two winters I've had it there's never really been any snow though and there's a huge lack of people to go riding with. I still don't like riding alone, that's no fun.
    I hear that. I do enjoy hoping on my edge chassis RMK once in a while for fun though! Would love to get my hands on another prox/xr to build.
    For now I'll just stick to tossing money on mods for the Project Assault.

Fortunately we always have enough snow to ride somewhere in the state during the winter. Already been out rip'n in the mountains up here this season!

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links