Snowmobile Fanatics banner

New gear this year?

2K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  Stevie-Ray 
#1 · (Edited)
Is anyone riding a new (to you?) sled or have new gear this year?

I am still rocking the '12 Switch 600. I did get two new helmets last year but nothing new for me this year. I see Motorfist has some nice stuff for 2019. Anyone run any of their gear? I have bibs and gloves from them and really like them.

#3 · (Edited)
I have had mostly all Motorfist gear for the last 8yrs with the exception of my boots and helmet. Its has been really good gear.

This yrs ride is a 2019 RMK 850 with .03 miles, can't wait to try it out.

Reactions: Polaris-Man
#4 ·
I've been saying I'm going to upgrade gear for the last few years (Klim or Motorfist), but the stuff I have still works fine. If it ain't broke... :dunno:

At some point there is going to be a 2016 Pro-RMK 800 in my garage. My '11 RMK Assault went down the road earlier this month to make room for it.

#5 ·
I was eyeballing a new 2018 800 Assault the other day but I have a week old kid at home and it rarely snows anymore so I can't justify the cost of buying a new sled, especially when my current sled only has about 250 miles on it...

All my gear is old, FXR pants from like 2006 or 2007, jacket is from 2010 or so. Don't even know how old my helmet is anymore, 2005 or 6 I think, when did Polaris start with the "dragon" theming?

I miss this sport. Hardly anyone around here rides anymore or if they do they have mountain sleds and go west, something I don't have the time for. Don't really want to spend the money for that kind of riding either.

#6 ·
I got a new password so I could log on to the site, does that count?

I don't have any new stuff. My sleds are a '13 and a '14. 4 or 5K miles between the two of them. Instead of buying new ones, I ride more, and take more trips. I did get a ski rack for my mountain sled two years ago. That's been fun.

Reactions: whitexc
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.