First Sled Reccomendation
Close
Login to Your Account
Snowmobile Fanatics - Snowmobile Forum - Powered by vBulletin

This is a discussion on First Sled Reccomendation within the General forums, part of the Snowmobiles category; Hey All, I am looking at picking up a used first sled for me over the next year. I rode quite a bit as a ...

"); }

Thread: First Sled Reccomendation

This user has no status.

Member #

Hey All,
    I am looking at picking up a used first sled for me over the next year. I rode quite a bit as a kid growing up but up until now I havenít lived in a convenient place to own one. My riding is mostly going to consist of trail riding with maybe the eventual branching into some deeper more back country riding. The one caveat being that I am a competitive power lifter and am 6í - 380lbs, so while I am strong and reasonably in shape... Iím also very heavy.
    My price range is around $2.5-$4k. I am leaning towards mid 00ís ski-doo 800 as it seems for that year/price they are ahead of the game.

Any advice is appreciated.

This user has no status.

Member #
    Welcome aboard. I would say you want an 800cc sled and something from Skidoo in a rev chassis would be a good reintroduction to the sled game. You could also look for an Edge chassis 700 from Polaris. Whatever you get you may want to look into upgrading to some heavy duty springs in the rear skid. Both manufacturers offer stiffer springs. Good luck and be safe....and active here!

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk
    Polaris...it IS the way out!

is getting the itch
    Member #
    I can agree with Whitexc from personal experience the edge 700 is a very versatile reliable machine, probably best to stick with a 144 or shorter track and with your price range you should be able to buy 2 or 3 of em haha, I also wouldn't hesitate to maybe recommend a smaller 500ish fan cooler just being as the ditch snow can get hard packed sometimes leaving a liquid cooled engine running hot, they do make ice scratcher that can usually cover this issue and you may find you need the 700 size to pull around good though a well tuned engine I doubt you would notice much issue there
    Garrett R-

2004 Polaris 700 RMK Vertical Escape 144" Converted to 163x2.25" l 7T No Slip Drives l Anti-Stab l PERC l Hand Guards l SLP Pipe/Can l SLP Intake Air Horn l 8" Big Wheel Kit

69 SnoJet JetFlite working on restoration / 72 SnoJet StarJet Deluxe

2006 Ram 1500 MegaLaramie 5.7L Auto 4x4 STOCK

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links