04 700 RMK fix or trade up? Looking for opinions
Close
Login to Your Account
Snowmobile Fanatics - Snowmobile Forum - Powered by vBulletin

This is a discussion on 04 700 RMK fix or trade up? Looking for opinions within the General forums, part of the Snowmobiles category; So last year i melted my sled down.....again. The first time was actually while dad still owned it found the a carb to engine boot ...

"); }

Thread: 04 700 RMK fix or trade up? Looking for opinions

is getting the itch

Member #

So last year i melted my sled down.....again. The first time was actually while dad still owned it found the a carb to engine boot torn so suspect it ran lean. After my suspension stretch last fall i road it around home a bit and it hooked up great. Jetted and left for the hills with it. Wasnt out for a half hour, not even hardly ripping on it mostly on of trail bopping trying to get to the good riding and the DET light starts coming on no power. Turn around limp it back to the trailer. Think cant even hardly climb the hills on the trail back. Parked it for the season and road my dads 09 700 RMK the rest of the season and i really enjoyed it. I've really been in love with this 04 especially after the 163" 2.5" track install but now after riding his some and just overall sick of fixing (like this will ever really go away with any sled). I haven't even pulled the head or anything I just parked it and said f'it. I assuming it needs another set of jugs and pistons not the end of the world. Im pretty sure it had a bottom up overhaul before we got it so 2k miles max on that.

Heres what I'm looking at, Ill probably fix it no matter what because it just isn't worth anything with a bad motor and hate parting it out. I have a line on a Carls 910 motor with carbs and pipes high and low elevation domes. If I go this route id probably keep it for another season anyway cause im guessing it'll RIPPPP. I have access to another sled with a new motor for cheap cheap. Buy that and swap motors (engine looses spark after it warms up so assuming something on chassis side but id be swapping 100% of the electronics from my sled so it should eliminate the issue). I might have the possibility of buying dads 09 if I wanted to or go find a different newer sled in general.

My fears of the newer sleds. Dads 09 800 has been the biggest pile of junk I've ever seen. Polaris warranty rebuilt it, then we rebuilt it. Then we rebuilt it again this time with the END ALL FIX ALL spacer and piston kit. Had it into the dealer again replaced the fuel pump and TPS, flashed the ECU and its still a junky turd. Runs awesome when it runs but it could leave you walking without warning. Im not sure if its just a lemmon or if they're all this way. The 09 700 we have has just been a shining gem no issues at all.

If im spending the money for something newer id really like to get up to a PRO chassis. Ive found a couple in the 3-4k range. If I just stick with the edge parts are cheap. I dont have alot invested in it. Honestly fuel injection is probably the biggest thing im looking to gain from a newer sled. Maybe I need to just splurge on an AATAC system and be done.

Enough rambling lets open the flood gates on opinions
    Garrett R-

2004 Polaris 700 RMK Vertical Escape 144" Converted to 163x2.25" l 7T No Slip Drives l Anti-Stab l PERC l Hand Guards l SLP Pipe/Can l SLP Intake Air Horn l 8" Big Wheel Kit

69 SnoJet JetFlite working on restoration / 72 SnoJet StarJet Deluxe

2006 Ram 1500 MegaLaramie 5.7L Auto 4x4 STOCK

This user has no status.

Member #
    I have an 03 rmk700 and I love every bit of it so much, that I took an 04 rmk 159 chassis and threw an ultra 680 motor in it! These edge chassis are just about as good as an axys, justin different ways ! Biggest thing is cheap cheap cheap to build, fix and go again! Bolt on the Holtzman ataac system and you're golden big guy!

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links