1994 Polaris Indy XLT Question
Close
Login to Your Account
Snowmobile Fanatics - Snowmobile Forum - Powered by vBulletin

This is a discussion on 1994 Polaris Indy XLT Question within the General forums, part of the Snowmobiles category; Hi folks this is my FIRST sled and I am brand new to snowmobiling. I'm trying to figure out if I can raise the back ...

"); }
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Polaris_Parts_MN

Thread: 1994 Polaris Indy XLT Question

This user has no status.

Member #

Hi folks this is my FIRST sled and I am brand new to snowmobiling. I'm trying to figure out if I can raise the back of the sled so it sits higher without adding extra equipment. Is this just a suspension setting? I already have the torsion springs set to stiff no difference.Any help will be great thx !

This user has no status.

Member #
    No, there is nothing to be done to raise the ride height without adding equipment - though your sled Might have alternate mounting holes in the tunnel to mount the rear torque arm in the lower mounting hole.

Otherwise you need to install/make drop brackets to mount the rear suspension lower which increases your ride height.

Please note that increased ride height does nothing for improving ride quality. In order to improve ride quality I would suggest upgrading to Xtra 10 rear suspension.

But for what it's worth, it would far less effort and cheaper to just sell the 94 xlt and get a 1997-1998 sled for the same price that already has Xtra 10 front and rear. Many 1996 sleds had Xtra 10 only in the rear (with the old 8-inch up front), but even that would be a big upgrade from your 1994 that has 8-inch supsension travel all around.
    whitexc likes this.

This user has no status.

Member #
    Yup. Get something 96 or newer. Will have the coupled X-tra 10. If you can get something with rebuildable Fox shocks, even better.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links