2002 Polaris xcsp 800 electric start?
Close
Login to Your Account
Snowmobile Fanatics - Snowmobile Forum - Powered by vBulletin

This is a discussion on 2002 Polaris xcsp 800 electric start? within the General forums, part of the Snowmobiles category; Now I’m looking for an electric start kit for an xcsp 800, there’s one on eBay but it is out of an Edge 600. Now ...

"); }

Thread: 2002 Polaris xcsp 800 electric start?

This user has no status.

Member #

Now I’m looking for an electric start kit for an xcsp 800, there’s one on eBay but it is out of an Edge 600. Now would that clutch even work? Im assuming it just won’t bolt right up?
    Current sled - 2002 Polaris XC 500 (9in RSI bar rise, Fly racing bars, RSI guards, Polaris Pro X2 shorty seat)

This user has no status.

Member #
    The clutch will work but it's not the heavy duty clutch that the 800 has. The brackets are also different. You can find the brackets on E-Bay.
    I just got done putting electric start on my 05 700 RMK from a 05 600 Switchback and it was a lot of messing around to get the right parts to fit but it is doable,
    A few years ago I put electric start into a 600 classic that I put a 800 motor into. It was a challenge but it worked out good to a point.
    In the cold weather the old 800 doesn't like the cold and I bent the armature in the starter motor trying to start it.
    Anything is doable if you do the research.
    You will also have to make sure the rectifier is wired properly so the battery is getting a charge.
    Take your time and read the wiring diagrams and it will work.
    Last edited by greasemonkey; Today at 10:32 PM.
    http://www.snowmobilefanatics.net/greasemonkey/2

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links