Pipe and Silencer - Pro X
Close
Login to Your Account
Snowmobile Fanatics - Snowmobile Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Pipe and Silencer - Pro X

This is a discussion on Pipe and Silencer - Pro X within the General forums, part of the Snowmobiles category; We have a 2003 Pro X 800 that we'll be riding this year and we might be putting a new pipe and silencer on it. ...

"); }
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Pipe and Silencer - Pro X

This user has no status.

Member #
    We have a 2003 Pro X 800 that we'll be riding this year and we might be putting a new pipe and silencer on it. Im thinking I want to go with a Hot Seat Chubby Single Pipe and a MBRP silencer. What do you guys thing of this set up? Are there any alternative set ups that might work better for me?

And what are some other lest drastic mods I can put on it? I don't want to completly mod this thing out becuse it still is just a demo.

Thanks

Super Moderator
    is Meatball CYI

Member #
    Sounds good to me..SLP pipe and can combo would be good to..The MBRB silencer might have a little more sound to it..

This user has no status.

Member #
    From what I've heard about the MBRP silencer is that there is a trail can and a race can. I heard that the trail can is louder than stock, but not quite as loud as the race can. I think Im going to go with the louder one becuse most of the riding I do is away from any populated areas.

This user has no status.

Member #
    Other mods: Clutch kit of your choice, SLP power dome heads, SLP air horn kit. Maybe some Boyesen or VF3 reeds.

This user has no status.

Member #
    We probably are going to get some type of clutch kit. I don't think I'll go with the cheater heads becuse I don't always have 92 fuel. I was wanting to get the air horn kit, but my dad said we can just gut the air box. Would the air horn kit work better than that? Im not really sure about reeds, I'll see what my dad thinks about it.

This user has no status.

Member #
    Which silencer do you guys think would fit. They dont seem to specify a silencer for the 03 Pro x. I thinking the one for the 01-04 XC 800 Edge would fit. Part # 4050000. Do you guys think this one will fit? http://tinyurl.com/69j3t

is has a partially collapsed
    lung.

Member #
    edge pipes won't fit a proX, the bulkhead and shock towers will hit it AFAIK.

This user has no status.

Member #
    The silencer/muffler is the exact same as an Edge. Only the pipe is different. You want more power? Put a RKTek head on the sucker. Best head on the market for a Polaris. Also Dynoport makes an awesome pipe with a wide power band at top H.P., but they are a little more money.

This user has no status.

Member #
    ^ That is wrong. For Hot Seat Perf. they have a different part number for the '03 Pro X than that of the Edge XC for the silencer. Unless it says "Pro X" in the fitment guide, it won't fit...DO NOT ASSUME!!

As far as gutting your air box goes...that will just free up restrictions you may have in there. The air horn kit will give you a bigger opening if it matters, but the most important thing is that it directly draws air into the box through the air horn. Kind of like forced air induction, definitely better than just gutting it.

This user has no status.

Member #
    Kresten-Heres some info u may be interested in, the 800 ves has a high compresion head on it from the factory (not race fuel, but the cc's in the head are small). If you pipe it, you will need an aftermarket head from SLP (or another company) to put you back in the range of regular fuel, if you just pipe it 92-93 is a must and id run octain booster to be safe. Boyeseen reeds work better in the 700-800 VES motors then the V-force (for 440-600 v-force).
    If you went with HSP, id recomend their single w/ an MBRP can, there head kit, clutch kit. The same applys for SLP (except you need the pipe that fits the stock silencer). My thoughts are if a company designs a certain product to work in conjuntion with another of thier products, you max benifit will come from useing those designated parts, not trying to save 100-200 by mix and matching. My .02 anyway.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links