1974 chapperal 400 ssx worth?
Close
Login to Your Account
Snowmobile Fanatics - Snowmobile Forum - Powered by vBulletin

1974 chapperal 400 ssx worth?

This is a discussion on 1974 chapperal 400 ssx worth? within the General forums, part of the Snowmobiles category; what do you guys think a chapperal 400ssx is worth. it is in very good shape only thing wrong with it is the seat cover ...

"); }

Thread: 1974 chapperal 400 ssx worth?

.Neil.
    is thinking

Member #
    what do you guys think a chapperal 400ssx is worth. it is in very good shape only thing wrong with it is the seat cover is cracked alot. it has dual carbs runs good gas tank is good. has tac speedo and water temp gauge. liquid cooled. track is good. clean machine. what do you guys think this machine is worth. ill get some pictures soon as posible.

This user has no status.

Member #
    It wouldnt be to much money because, its a old sled.

is Too short of a season...

Member #
    I would think otherwise ArcitcCat1, those sleds are rare and worth alot of money to a certain person thats willing to pay. If my memory serves me correctly, those ssx's were a factory racer and now they are probably worth alot of cash.

This user has no status.

Member #
    I am a big vintage sled nut, but have fairly little knowledge for what the Chaparral SSX is selling for these days. I would guess if it runs and is truely clean and complete besides the seat cover, at least $500 would be reasonable. It should sell fairly quick for that. It could go a few hundred, higher easily. They never show up at the local vintage events, although the engines do. Many, many liquid Chap engines were sold new in boxes for years on the open market. The reason being, Chapparal went out of business after making the SSX liquid just one year, 1974. The engine must be a 340, rated at 40 horsepower, or a 440, rated at 50 horses. There were no 400 liquids. The 1976-78 Rupp Nitro liquids used the same basic engine, built by Xenoah of Japan, with a few improvements. The carbs are an odd Mikuni pumper model with butterfly throttles, but round-slides are an easy conversion. The burnt orange hood color was unique to the SSX, as Chaps were all a trademark bright red. I have saw the orange seats, and what looked to be a grey-ish color one I am sure was origional in a parts yard. I don't think most parts are that hard to come by for these, if someone wanted a rider. After Brut sleds, who debuted the liquid-cooled snowmobile in 1972, the SSX was the second liquid sled on the market.

-Les in MI.

is Too short of a season...

Member #
    Thanks for that info Les, thats very interesting about how chap used burnt orange instead of the traditional red.

.Neil.
    is thinking

Member #
    ok ill try to get some pictures up tonite or tommorow.then you can c what u think. thanks for info

This user has no status.

Member #
    I WILL BUY IT!!!!!! I ALREADY HAVE ONE OF THESE SLEDS AND I AM LOOKING FOR ANOTHER ONE. please email me back your phone number and we can talk more about it. mine got stolen and the kid blew the motor up and the cops found it and so now i am without a motor for it. so i am just going to keep it for parts and i want another one just like it to ride. let me know and lets chat. maybe u would be interested in a trade of some kind.

joe

This user has no status.

Member #
    I know someone else who has a Chapperal. I'm not sure on the year.

This user has no status.

Member #
    $300-$400

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links