More pickup
Close
Login to Your Account
Snowmobile Fanatics - Snowmobile Forum - Powered by vBulletin

More pickup

This is a discussion on More pickup within the General forums, part of the Snowmobiles category; whats a good way to get my sled a 96 jag dlx to get more pickup it kinda takes its time getting to top speed ...

"); }
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: More pickup

Ninja
    is is Sleding ALL DAY TODAY

Member #
    whats a good way to get my sled a 96 jag dlx to get more pickup it kinda takes its time getting to top speed compared to others that hit 40 and 50 in liek a second lol

wally
    is wally

Member #
    check the jetting ,but do not lean it out to much ,thats usually the number one problem with any sled ,always to rich

Ninja

Member #
    yeah its running a little learn right now havnt foudn a good spark plug for it but it still jsut doesnt have the pickup i want cant even get teh ski's off the ground lmfao its fan cooled to

is picked up an 05 f7 SP
    yesterday. Pumped!

Member #
    It's kind of hard to expect alot of power out of a fan cooled sled like yours. You can gear and clutch it but that's about it for the fan cooled sleds.

This user has no status.

Member #
    96? What kind of condition is the sled in. How many miles, has it been cared for?

Start with the basics. Make sure it is up to factory standards before you start looking to do anything extra to get more performance.

Is the motor sound? Carbs adjusted properly? Clutches clean, aligned, with good bushings? Track adjusted properly? Fresh, clean gas? There is a lot to go over that could gain you performance.

Ninja

Member #
    alright yeah i jsut want a lil more pickup my cousin has a 440 cat thats fan cooled dont kno what name but hsi takes off faster then me it pisses me off lol i top out a lil faster tehn his n his hasnt been moded or tuned or anything

Quote Originally Posted by AKnarrowback
    96? What kind of condition is the sled in. How many miles, has it been cared for?

Start with the basics. Make sure it is up to factory standards before you start looking to do anything extra to get more performance.

Is the motor sound? Carbs adjusted properly? Clutches clean, aligned, with good bushings? Track adjusted properly? Fresh, clean gas? There is a lot to go over that could gain you performance.
    factory it was in kinda shitty condition when i got it im just finishign the looks of it i ahve everythgin int eh engine done cleaned carbs rebuilt the engine everything still not doign liek i want

This user has no status.

Member #
    Like someone said.. Clutch and gear the thing.. Thats about all you can do i think..

Ninja

Member #
    alright lol i'll do it next year haha idk depends on if i order it before snow fall haha

Do a wheelie
    is nothing like a bit of flurries
    to raise your stoke-o-meter

Member #
    does deluxe mean two up/touring or something?

This user has no status.

Member #
    Does the Deluxe have two carb's?
    I know the standard Jag's have a single carb.
    If your's is a single carb, put on twin's, 34's or 36's.
    If it's already twin's, clutch and gearing is it.
    Rick

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links