Train Ride Sled Trip To Canada???
Close
Login to Your Account
Snowmobile Fanatics - Snowmobile Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Train Ride Sled Trip To Canada???

This is a discussion on Train Ride Sled Trip To Canada??? within the General forums, part of the Snowmobiles category; A good buddy of mine where debating on where to sled around home (when I say home I mean within 6hrs of my place) this ...

"); }
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Train Ride Sled Trip To Canada???

This user has no status.

Member #
    A good buddy of mine where debating on where to sled around home (when I say home I mean within 6hrs of my place) this year and he came up with the idea of riding somewhere in northern Mich and loading our sleds on a train to Quebec. I may have the locations completely wrong but is there such a thing?? He made it sound like "everybody's doin it". Has anyone done it, and was it worth it. Any links??

is Not quite done with Old Man
    Winter yet!!

Member #
    Yes there is. It is called the Algoma Train.

http://www.agawacanyontourtrain.com/content/tours/snowmobile/index.html

From the Site:
    Your excursion begins at our depot in downtown Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario, Canada, where you will load up your sleds in our enclosed baggage cars and then sit back and relax as we transport you north, through the breathtaking winter wonderland of Algoma Country.

Enjoy scenic vistas of Lake Superior, snow choked rock cuts and deep mountain gorges as you wind your way through this rugged land towards the world famous Agawa Canyon. Once through the Canyon, the scenery gradually shifts from the mountainous pre-Cambrian shield to the boreal forests of the James Bay Frontier.

Get off along the line at Hawk Junction (Wawa) or Dubrevilville and ride the Superior Snow Challenge Loop or travel to the end of steel to begin your James Bay Frontier sledding adventure in the French Canadian town of Hearst, Ontario.

The Railway provides many options to choose from. You can take the train both ways and do your riding in one area or for those who want to spend more time on the trails than the rails, you can take the train north and sled back to the Sault or sled up and train back.

No matter where you choose, you will be in the heart of an incredible snowmobiler's paradise with over a thousand miles of well groomed and signed trails waiting for you to discover.

Your sledding adventure doesn't stop at the trails. You will discover friendly communities offering snowmobilers all the conveniences and comforts you desire after a day of riding. From quality, park at your door accommodations and restaurants to service centres, trail-side gas and local snowmobile clubs who take pride in their trails and northern hospitality.

The spirit of the north truly comes to life in winter. Hearst and the surrounding communities love to play host and with numerous carnivals, rallies and snowmobile racing events being held throughout the winter months, you will find more than trails to fill your days and nights.

Whether it's a couple of sleds, a large group, diehard riders or a relaxing family outing, incredible snowmobile experiences are waiting for you along the line.

Before planning your next snowmobile holiday, contact the Algoma Central Railway and let us help you "Get on Track to the Trails."

is ***THINKING SNOW***

Member #
    It forgot to mention.....bring lots of money

This user has no status.

Member #
    Thanks MACHZ...You hit the nail on the head[thumb]

is Not quite done with Old Man
    Winter yet!!

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by sledneck1978
    Thanks MACHZ...You hit the nail on the head[thumb]
    No problem, It's a trip I've been thinking about for a long time and wish I had the time and money to do it. There is a 2 hour show from Snowtrails TV that covers the full trip on DVD. It looks like a blast!

This user has no status.

Member #
    I knew of that train..
    Curious if rail becomes an option with the price of Gas. A Quebec train or a Northern Ontario run from Toronto/Barrie would be cool. Years ago CN use to do it and drop off in Cochrane.

is Still no riding in for me yet
    this season.

Member #
    How many days do you plan on riding. If your serious about doing it, I think I may have some sound advice for you. This is my sugestion:
    Day 1. Take the train from the Soo to Wawa.
    Day 2. Ride that area the next day. Run the Magpie River!
    Day 3. Start your trek back to the Soo. Stay the night in Chapleau.
    Day 4. Chapleau to Sault Ste. Marie. (this will be a long day of riding @300 miles or about 420 K's)
    Day 5. Ride the trails to the N or E of the Soo.

You also need a place to leave your vehicle and trailer. I know a good place to stay in the Soo if you want to leave your things there! PM me if you want to know more.

is why cant i post.

Member #
    we're planning on doing the snow train trip this winter, and from what ive heard they book up fast. we were debating on going to quebec but because of the cost of fuel to drive to the places we wanted, this seems much more practical.

This user has no status.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by TRICKPaint
    How many days do you plan on riding. If your serious about doing it, I think I may have some sound advice for you. This is my sugestion:
    Day 4. Chapleau to Sault Ste. Marie. (this will be a long day of riding @300 miles or about 420 K's)

You also need a place to leave your vehicle and trailer. I know a good place to stay in the Soo if you want to leave your things there! PM me if you want to know more.
    I really haven't thought about it that much yet. Now that I have all this good info I'll get with my group and start brainstorming.

is Still no riding in for me yet
    this season.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by sledneck1978
    Quote Originally Posted by TRICKPaint

I really haven't thought about it that much yet. Now that I have all this good info I'll get with my group and start brainstorming.

Some more info. to chew on:
    #1. I'm getting the "U.S.A. Passport Card" $45.00 (less than 1/2 the price of a Passport Book) It's good for 10 years and allows land and sea travel to Canada, Mexico, and a few tropical islands.I was just in there today. They said I should have it back in 3-4 weeks.

#2. Info on trails: www.algomatrails.com

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links