97 xcr 600 Performance
Close
Login to Your Account
Snowmobile Fanatics - Snowmobile Forum - Powered by vBulletin

97 xcr 600 Performance

This is a discussion on 97 xcr 600 Performance within the Racing forums, part of the Snowmobiles category; I have a 1997 xcr 600 triple triple with boysen reeds. I was wondering if anyone knew of any way to get some better performance ...

"); }

Thread: 97 xcr 600 Performance

This user has no status.

Member #
    I have a 1997 xcr 600 triple triple with boysen reeds. I was wondering if anyone knew of any way to get some better performance out of it. Clutching, carburetor, or gearing? It is stock set-up other than the boysen reeds. I ride around Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada in temperatures that drop below -25C. Thanks for the help!!

This user has no status.

Member #
    i have a 96 xcr 600 my self..i have a slp clutch kit in it and it hooks up nicley..try one and see what you think

This user has no status.

Member #
    You ready. Write this down. EPI silver spring in the primary, stock weights. You want the motor to spin between 8300-8500 rpms. For trail riding a EPI QA-2 (quad angle) helix with a EPI yellow spring in the 3rd hole. For drag racing a 45-36 (R11) helix with a Polaris silver/blue spring in the 2nd hole. Go down one tooth on the top. Stock gearing is 21/35. Go 20/35 or if you want more acceleration and less top end go 20/36 and the stock chain will still work. Jet the sucker down at least 2 sizes from stock and put the clip on the needle in the middle notch (#3). I had v-force reeds, but boyesens should do the job. I had 144 chisel tooth Woodys studs in it, and it would not spin!! You hook up. The stock clutching and jetting is a joke. If you go with my trail combo and carb settings you wont believe the differance. These triples dont make much power below 5500 rpms so you have to clutch around this to keep the motor up in the revs. I loved mine for 6 years and I would run any 600. ANY 600! Even some 700's got a big surprise from the big load. Dont waste your money on a silencer, they make less power with one. Enjoy.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links