RXL How do i retrieve blink codes not running
Close
Login to Your Account
Snowmobile Fanatics - Snowmobile Forum - Powered by vBulletin

RXL How do i retrieve blink codes not running

This is a discussion on RXL How do i retrieve blink codes not running within the The Performance Tuning Shop forums, part of the Snowmobiles category; I have 91 650rxl. It has a no spark issue. Itcan run when cold but not always. I couldn't start it tonight but fired once ...

"); }

Thread: RXL How do i retrieve blink codes not running

This user has no status.

Member #
    I have 91 650rxl. It has a no spark issue. Itcan run when cold but not always. I couldn't start it tonight but fired once when pulled over. It has a fully charged new battery. I know a good battery is crucial to these things starting properly. Now how does this igniton system work? what does it consist of other than cdi and external ignition coils. Does it have a timing sensor for this? In What way is this ignition system tied into the efi? Ive upluged the cdi and pulled it over not hooked up, then hook it up again and pull I get spark one time thats it. Then when it feels like it the next day it will run. But still have no spark when its warm or I shut it off. Please share your thoughts. Is there a way to check blink codes with the engine not running. or how do I do it?

This user has no status.

Member #
    my buddy owned one that was kinda goofy like that
    what he always did was when it did that just hold it to the bars and crank it over
    it eventualy started

This user has no status.

Member #
    Thats what I used to do - WFO to start that cold blooded SOB. Id make real sure that there is if fact no spark, it may be weak. Have you had any other problems? If so, take a look at all the wires coming out of the magneto. I have melted the black wire out of the magneto, which I found after a burn down. The blink codes will be on the side of the CDI, you should see a clear piece of plastic, about 1/4" round. Turn the key, and pull ofer once with the battery connected. If there is a problem, a code should appear. Another place to check is the throttle position sensor, this may be bad, or not adjusted

This user has no status.

Member #
    i'm trying to figure out pretty much the same problem on mny buddys 91 rxl.it runs till it hot then nothing.i was told to check the so call drop resistor.its a piece of porcelain with a metal cover on it bolted to the back of the battery tray with a bunch of wires running of it.I was told to take it apart and if its cracked anywhere replace it.oyu could try that.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links