Help me choose my secondary cltch spring - polaris
Close
Login to Your Account
Snowmobile Fanatics - Snowmobile Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Help me choose my secondary cltch spring - polaris

This is a discussion on Help me choose my secondary cltch spring - polaris within the The Performance Tuning Shop forums, part of the Snowmobiles category; Hey fellas, I'm ordering some new shocks and might as well get a fresh secondary clutch spring. My machine is a 92 Polaris Indy Classic ...

"); }

Thread: Help me choose my secondary cltch spring - polaris

This user has no status.

Member #
    Hey fellas, I'm ordering some new shocks and might as well get a fresh secondary clutch spring.

My machine is a 92 Polaris Indy Classic 500 liquid cooled.

Check out this following link:

http://www.royaldistributing.com/ser...ge=index1.html

I'm looking at getting the yellow spring. But for what ever spring I get do I get the 2.5 load sping or 1.25 load sping? And should I choose the yellow spring or stay stock (what is the stock color?)

Any comments or help with this would be appreicated as I'm placing the order tonight so I can be back on the trails the weekend.

This user has no status.

Member #
    come on guys some one must know some thing.

This user has no status.

Member #
    red secondary springs are good in those sleds. it wakes them up a bit. I'm not sure what stock is though. What color do you have in it now?

This user has no status.

Member #
    Keep the stock spring, which is red, if you are keeping the stock helix. If you want more out of it, go with a EPI white spring in the primary, keep the stock weights, go with a 40-36 helix with a EPI yellow spring in the 2nd or 3rd hole depending on how much backshifting you want. This is a good overall clutch set up for the Fuji 500's.

is Wishing I could ride a twin

Member #
    maydaze's kit sounds good,
    the problem with the red spring in them sleds is in the powder, sometimes it cant backshift, the epi yellow is a good replacement for the red,

This user has no status.

Member #
    Finally. Guys tanks for the info. I have the yellow spring on order so I'll let you know how it works out

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links