my new 97 xcr 600 sp
Close
Login to Your Account
Snowmobile Fanatics - Snowmobile Forum - Powered by vBulletin

my new 97 xcr 600 sp

This is a discussion on my new 97 xcr 600 sp within the The Performance Tuning Shop forums, part of the Snowmobiles category; i just bought myself my second sled. its an xcr 600 sp. i am curious to what people think about the sled. the power it ...

"); }

Thread: my new 97 xcr 600 sp

This user has no status.

Member #
    i just bought myself my second sled. its an xcr 600 sp. i am curious to what people think about the sled. the power it makes, and most of all what to do to make it go faster. ive heard alot about jetting and am curious as to what sizes to put in and what jets to replace(low or high speed). and for the most part any other suggestion anyone feels that will be helpfu. its a triple/triple, possible new silencer on the way and i do mostly trail ridin around illinois wisconsin and michigain. again any info wil greatly be appreciated.[}]

This user has no status.

Member #
    Well I have a 96 XCR 600 sp. A few things that can be done is I have an almond colored primary spring, and a gold secondary. Mines currently jetted at 340 PTO 360 Middle 360 Mag. Seems to work really good and is alot better than stock.

This user has no status.

Member #
    Thanks, did you put the springs in the holes that the stock spring came out of or are the holes changed also. does the jetting make a big difference.

This user has no status.

Member #
    also how do u tel if its an se or not. im not sure if this matters it has plastic skis and i dont know the stock lug hieght.

This user has no status.

Member #
    Here is a link to a page with Polaris specs:

XCR 600 SP
    http://www.polarisman.com/channels/content/DisplayModel.cfm?ModelID=97SNOINDYXCR600&Year=1997

XCR 600 SP SE
    http://www.polarisman.com/channels/content/DisplayModel.cfm?ModelID=97SNOINDYXCR600SE&Year=19 97

This user has no status.

Member #
    The secondary is in the middle hole, jetting did help. They tell a little more about the sled at this page. http://www.geocities.com/schmidt92/polaris_faq.html

is time to make the firewood!!!

Member #
    se has fuel and temp gauge

This user has no status.

Member #
    You want to make it as fast as you can without aftermarket pipes or heads. Listen up. Jet down 2 sizes from stock and move the clip in the needles to the middle position (#3 notch). If you are studded then go down one tooth on the top gear to a 20 tooth. Put an EPI silver (165-300) primary spring in it. Stock weights. Go with a EPI yellow secondary spring with a EPI QA-2 helix (quad angle). Spring in the #3 hole for trail riding. For drag racing go with a R-11 Polaris helix (45-36) with a Polaris Silver/Blue secondary spring in the #2 hole. I also had V-force reeds in mine. It gave a quicker throttle response for sure, but not much more in power. Dont bother with a aftermarket muffler/can. I lost power with one. Not enough back pressure. Run the engine around 8300 rpms. I also had 144 chisel tooth studs that hooked up like you would not believe. She'd run next to any new 600 and beat most out there. Gave some 700's a run for money too. Enjoy!!!

This user has no status.

Member #
    P.S. Trust me on the combo I gave you. I ran many a sled the same as mine, a 97 XCR 600 se and the only one that ever beat me was piped one with PSI pipes. I ran a local speed shop guy that had the same sled. He did his tweeking and clutching and I proceeded to pull his sled from end to end on the strip and the entire lake. He could not believe that mine was stock. 'I must have got a good one', I told him. LOL!!!

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links