reeds on a 97 xcr 600 sp??? do you like your reeds
Close
Login to Your Account
Snowmobile Fanatics - Snowmobile Forum - Powered by vBulletin

reeds on a 97 xcr 600 sp??? do you like your reeds

This is a discussion on reeds on a 97 xcr 600 sp??? do you like your reeds within the The Performance Tuning Shop forums, part of the Snowmobiles category; would reeds be a good investment on my sled. i just bought it its a 97. i might get a can from my pops who ...

"); }

Thread: reeds on a 97 xcr 600 sp??? do you like your reeds

This user has no status.

Member #
    would reeds be a good investment on my sled. i just bought it its a 97. i might get a can from my pops who is buying another sled and dont want the noice but im still young (15) and really like more grunt[}]. i wass curios as to what exactly reeds do and what kind of reeds to get, and how much it cost. remind you i want to stay in a reasonable price, would it be worth fining a pair used[?][?][xx(]tell me what you think about the reedsa on your sled. also what are your feeling on an aggressive chassic(spelling??)

This user has no status.

Member #
    I just responded to you clutching question. As for the reeds. They will make a big differance in throttle response, believe me. But as for making more power, I could not feel it. As for a muffler/can, forget it. I had a DG silencer on mine and it lost power. Lost 200 rpms. The stock pipes on the 600 are way to big from Polaris. They flow to much. By adding an aftermarket silencer that flows more than the stock muffler, you lose even mor power. It sounds great, but you go slower. I loved the aggressive chassis. Superior wind protection and the most stable high speed sled I have ever owned. But a heavy sucker in the woods. You'll know after you ride hard through the twisties and come out the other side sweating your nads off. Enjoy.

This user has no status.

Member #
    if your looking for a little more "grunt" you would be wise to leave the engine as is and get someone with clutching experience to set the clutches up a bit better. clutching can do wonders if done up properly. Besides, clutching is also probably the best "bang for your buck" good luck!!!

This user has no status.

Member #
    ok.....thanks, over the summer i plan on buyin the parts for the clutch and doin it over with my dad. another guy on this site gave me a good setup for the clutches. thanks[8]

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links