Back from the dead.
Close
Login to Your Account
Snowmobile Fanatics - Snowmobile Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Back from the dead.

This is a discussion on Back from the dead. within the The Performance Tuning Shop forums, part of the Snowmobiles category; I have a 97 indy 500 that was stolen, dumped into salt water and then recovered. I finally have mostly everything rebuilt/ cleaned/replaced/ reassembled etc. ...

"); }

Thread: Back from the dead.

This user has no status.

Member #
    I have a 97 indy 500 that was stolen, dumped into salt water and then recovered. I finally have mostly everything rebuilt/ cleaned/replaced/ reassembled etc. I am planning on dropping the engine back in this weekend. and wanted to know if there are any tricks or tips that I don't want to miss. I am mainly concerned with Oil and coolant. I want to ensure that nothing gets air locked etc. when I reconnect and fill up. should I premix gas for awhile to ensure oil flows from pump. I have replace oil pump with a used functioning oil pump and replaced check valves with new ones. also I don't want to overheat on first startup and want to ensure get coolant circulation. This is first rebuild and I want to be cautious. aside from these issues the rest should be good to go I and my father carefully cleaned, replaced, rebuild all components. any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks.

This user has no status.

Member #
    yes definatly pre-mix your first few tanks to be on the safe side. make sure to also keep a close on the hi-temp light and check if the heat exchangers get warm. if they do then you know you are fine.

wally
    is wally

Member #
    another trick is to tie the oil pump wide open when you first start it that bleed's the pump out real fast

This user has no status.

Member #
    Good advice, Thanks

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links