sticking throttle?
Close
Login to Your Account
Snowmobile Fanatics - Snowmobile Forum - Powered by vBulletin

sticking throttle?

This is a discussion on sticking throttle? within the The Performance Tuning Shop forums, part of the Snowmobiles category; on my indy 500 sp, when i go from say 1/4 thottle and hit it, the throttle lever wont move like it is stuck or ...

"); }

Thread: sticking throttle?

This user has no status.

Member #
    on my indy 500 sp, when i go from say 1/4 thottle and hit it, the throttle lever wont move like it is stuck or something. in other words, i press it and it wont budge unless i fully let off of the throttle and then get back on it. sometimes it does this as much as 5-10 times during a trip, and sometimes it never does it. any suggestions? i thought that maybe the throttle cables need some throttle lube but im not sure.. thanks drew

This user has no status.

Member #
    You can try clean the the throttle slides in the carbs but chances are you need to replace the throttle cable ,it probably started to fray somewhere.

THREE FOR ALL
    is ;left the sleds up north and
    we got 16" of snow down here!
    DAMMIT!!

Member #
    dave36 is correct, could also be kinked. Have you tried lubing the cable at all? Use "chain and cable" lube.

This user has no status.

Member #
    ya thanks guys thats what i thought too so ill try lubing the cable up a bit and see how that works out. im pretty sure its not kinked, but i could be wrong because i just looked everything over really quickly so ill do a more thorough job.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links