Im real mad
Close
Login to Your Account
Snowmobile Fanatics - Snowmobile Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Im real mad

This is a discussion on Im real mad within the The Performance Tuning Shop forums, part of the Snowmobiles category; I bought a indy 650 last spring from a friend. he has pipes clutch and jet in it for drag racing. the jets that were ...

"); }

Thread: Im real mad

.Neil.
    is thinking

Member #
    I bought a indy 650 last spring from a friend. he has pipes clutch and jet in it for drag racing. the jets that were in it were junk for trailing cause it always fouled them out or flooded it. well we brought it to a guy that fixes sled 4 wheelers and cars and said to drop the jet size a couple. that was october 5 ( thinking if we got it there early he would not be so buesy before season) well we called him 2 weeks ago and he said he ordered the jets. then last week called him again he said they sent him the rong ones ( ya right.
    idk what he done probly nothing. i think i should just go take it back and go some where else. i want to replace some bogys and slides to i cant wait forever what u guys thing i should do it been 2 months...

This user has no status.

Member #
    I think you should do it yourself or get someone else to do it. Be careful dropping jet sizes , you could seize it up. Have someone that knows something about performance mods diagnose your sled before you go and throw jets in it hap-hazardly. As far as idler wheels and sliders go if you have access to a garage and some basic tools you should be able to do that. If he hasnt got to your sled by now and he has had it a while he probably wont get to it so get it out of there and get it done by someone else.

.Neil.
    is thinking

Member #
    all the mods i know of is it has shaved heads clutching triple pipes diffrent sproket and 200 studs. with oversized jets. the boggs and slides i was going to do the whole time i just dont know the jeting things. ill call him end of this week and if it anit done im going to his place to c if there is any thing done at all.god it make me mad.

This user has no status.

Member #
    my 650 had 350 mains last winter. thats with aaen pipes. this year it will have cut high comp heads and a clutch kit so ill let you know if theres any jet changes.

is ;left the sleds up north and
    we got 16" of snow down here!
    DAMMIT!!

Member #
    Doesn't sound right at all, if he had jets in it for drag racing they would be on the lean side and you would have to jet up for trail. Also any decent mechanic that works on sleds would have had the jets in stock.

This user has no status.

Member #
    another thing with the indy having pipes is the tempature. you get one size jet in it for example, riding at 25 degrees out side, may be pretty lean at 10 below 0. you may need a few different sizes to change out, unless you jet it a little on the rich side to start with. the hardest part about changing jets is getting the airbox off.

is is just checking in. :)

Member #
    I agree this doesn't sound right at all. Like Ahood said, if they were for drag racing, they'd be ragged edge. Plus if they were for drag racing it would depend highly on the temperature of the day. AKA those jets would be changed religously on the temperature that day. Plus, it sounds like the mechanic is guessing what it needs, not riding it at WOT and then shutting it down, checking the plugs. I think there is more to this than meets the eye.

Is it fouling plugs at idle or Mid-range, or WOT?

.Neil.
    is thinking

Member #
    i only rode it at the very end of winter for like 2 minutes. when i went to pick it up at guy house i started it up and went to back truck up he turned it off and said dont do that or ull flood it out. then he said when he had it when it was warm it didnt run right. and he said he never putts just go fast and get to where hes going. im not a jet expert so dont mind me saying up down in size. the guy should know what hes doing and it shouldnt take 2 months to do somthing that takes couple hours.
    it doesnt foul them at WOT it fouls them low rpm
    when i get it back im going to do a plug test

can i do the same thing i do with my banshee?
    put new plugs in go fast as it goes wide open then shut it down with throttle at WOT then take out plugs get back home cut and look for light brown.

is is just checking in. :)

Member #
    Yep. If it's fouling them at idle you'll need new smaller pilot jets.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links